Groups

HELP WITH HD CHANNELS????

Just bought a sony bravia tv with hd.Call me silly but i don't know how to watch things in hd?do i have to tune into another channel to do this or are all channels automatically in hd?? I'm seriously confused with it all,any help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks

17 Comments

Only 4 HD channels, HD One, BBC HD, ITV HD and Channel 4 HD. Just retune the set.

Banned

Freeview/sky/virgin?

you will need an HD source to display it, if you just have normal SD reception then you will need to invest a lttle more..

supermod

kellee, does your TV come with a built in FreeviewHD tuner or is listed as a Freeview Tuner ? (As HD TVs can still have nonHD tuners) - just double checking

You say your Bravia TV has HD. Do you mean it is HD ready?

Having a HD TV does not make what you are watching automatically HD.

You need to have a HD signal coming IN to watch in HD.

The HD signal coming in can be from a Sky HD box, a Virgin HD box, a Freesat HD box and dish, or a Blu Ray DVD type disk being played on a Blu Ray player.

You can also get HD via freeview, but you need a HD Freeview tuner, and also need to make sure Freeview HD is available in your area (it is not availabe in all areas yet).

You can read about Freeview HD here
    freeview.co.uk/HD

If you have got none of the above then what you are watching is "normal" TV on your new HD ready TV.
    Edited by: "guilbert53" 22nd Jan 2011

guilbert53

You say your Bravia TV has HD. Do you mean it is HD ready? Having a HD TV … You say your Bravia TV has HD. Do you mean it is HD ready? Having a HD TV does not make what you are watching automatically HD.You need to have a HD signal coming IN to watch in HD.The HD signal coming in can be from a Sky HD box, a Virgin HD box, a Freesat HD box and dish, or a Blu Ray DVD type disk being played on a Blu Ray player.You can also get HD via freeview, but you need a HD Freeview tuner, and also need to make sure Freeview HD is available in your area (it is not availabe in all areas yet).You can read about Freeview HD here[url=http://www.freeview.co.uk/HD]http://www.freeview.co.uk/HD[/url]If you have got none of the above then what you are watching is "normal" TV on your new HD ready TV.

Helpful post mate.
    OP, it's not silly to not know stuff like this. What IS silly is not knowing but being afraid to ask for help.

I have a sony bravia tv, which has a hd tuner built in, the channels are alot further down the list for HD, but there is ITV 1 hd, channel 4hd, bbc 1 hd, bbc preview hd and i am sure there are one or 2 more, but i would have to check

Original Poster

thanks people, i think i need to upgrade my virgin box though???

just get the new tivo box

Original Poster

No i'm not ignoring everybodys help actually! i just now know what i need to do,so stop commenting on things you know nothing about!!

Dcx_badass likes to post in random threads with random comments that do not really have a relivence to the thread in hand, i think its a post count thing

Do you have a TV model number?

@ dcx_badass......its people like you that really pee me off, you make some dumb comment when she clearly thanked everyone, go troll some where else fool

dcx_badass

Multiple people asked for a TV Model number so they could tell you if … Multiple people asked for a TV Model number so they could tell you if your TV has a HD capable tuner, you completely ignored them and didn't even attempt to reply.

WOW, Can you feel the hate, I am the only person to ask the Model number, 7 minutes before your post, not everyone sits infront of there pc 24/7 some have life's, 3 threads i have read today where your comments have just been spiteful to the OP.

@ toasthduk......its a shame that there are so many fools in this world, let him troll away, hopefully if we ignore him he will go away....he must only be about 13...:)

Original Poster

Its a Sony Bravia KDL40EX403U LCD HD

This model has built in freeview HD so you can watch freeview HD, if you are with virgin and want to watch HD content you will need a virgin HD box. only HD channels will appear in HD normal channels bbc 1 ect wont, also if you have a blu ray player you will be able watch in full 1080p

Original Poster

Thankyou people!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1831
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764397
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO712
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1011

See more discussions