Help with hooking my laptop to my TV.

8 replies
Found 9th Jan 2009
Hi, I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia KL324000 and I want to connect it to my Advent 5301 laptop to watch DVDs, I know i need a VGA cable, however i've noticed that all the ones i've looked at have the little screw thingys, which is fine when pluggin it into the back of the TV however the laptop does not have the holes for the screws, will this be a problem? do i need one without the screws on one end? do they even exist? lol also will this let me hear sound or will i also need some other sort of cable for that?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Dallas.

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
  3. TV
8 Comments

Its no problem. Just connect :-)

Also need audio cable. 3.5mm to 3.5mm. From laptop to TV

Original Poster

Thanks alot :thumbsup: rep added

Original Poster

would i be right in thinking amazon would be the cheapest place to purchase these online?

The screws are just there to make sure the cable doesn't fall out. They're often missing on laptops as they take up that little extra room but aren't entirely necessary.

Try dealextreme for the audio cable.
Amazon should be fine for a VGA cable. They shouldn't be expensive at all.

or maplin if you have one local :thumbsup:

Ebay is cheapest buy far. A few pounds.

Original Poster

Thanks alot guys :thumbsup: think I will get them in-store as it seems like Im gonna pay more for the delivery than the cable n thats just silly lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69778
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions