Groups

Help with HTC HD2 please !!! Seem to have mucked up music folder .....

As above - I got my shiny new HD2 on Wed and have been putting music on from my laptop - however when I go into the music folder now on the phone menu all I get is a screen showing a deleted file and telling me it cant pay it !

I transferred a pile of files on using windows media player (eventually got it downloaded and working !) but then discovered none of the files would play except one album. As I thought they must be protected files I then deleted them - but somehow I think I've deleted something I shouldnt have :-(. It got to the stage where every time I clicked on music from the home screen it made HT Sense reboot itself. Soooo I thought (being clever lol) to use the factory reset and start over.

However, I still have a list of files in the music folder showing a cross against them as they have been deleted but they wont go away ! I've tried re-transferring files and then had to delete them again as they still werent working - and now I'm about to either put the damm phone through the window or I'm going to call O2 tomorrow and tell them how much I hate it and they can replace it with something else.

Please help !!!!!

4 Comments

Banned

Is there an option on the phone to erase all content and settings?

Make sure you back up what you need first though. If you can do above^^

try over at xda-developers.com. they wll have a forum for your device and will sort your problem. they will also show you how to get the most out of it too

Original Poster

8eaker;7783096

try over at xda-developers.com. they wll have a forum for your device … try over at xda-developers.com. they wll have a forum for your device and will sort your problem. they will also show you how to get the most out of it too

Thanx will have a look - think I've sorted that problem (switched if off and on again seemed to kick it into behaving lol :-) !) but will def need some more advice, so many thanks for the pointer :thumbsup: !

Original Poster

dj_urban;7782305

Is there an option on the phone to erase all content and settings? Make … Is there an option on the phone to erase all content and settings? Make sure you back up what you need first though. If you can do above^^

Thanx :thumbsup: - have decided that Windows is out to get me lol - think my laptop may have been the cause of most of the problem tho - damm thing refuses to speak to Microsoft so hasnt had a Windows Update in months - and anything Windows related now seems to frighten it into stupidity !! I will persevere :? :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?69
      2. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming11
      3. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA89
      4. Which Kodi Add-ons?22

See more discussions