Groups

Help with HTML & DIV settings

This is driving me insane! I am using Kompozer to do a website for a friend. I have never used DIV before as I always used tables to get the required layout so am new to doing it this way. I have got 4 DIV boxes:- left contents, header title, main body & right picture inserts.

I have finally got the layout setup & have just copied the required text into the main body DIV & basically it's not showing all the text on screen, it's showing just what is actually visible & I cannot scroll down in the browser (nor komposer), I can change "overflow" to scroll but that only scrolls the bit that's in that DIV, what do I need to change to be able to view the whole of the text in that DIV? I've tried setting the DIV box to 100% Height & various other settings but I'm now getting annoyed with it.

Any help much appreicated

4 Comments

Can you post your div tags?
    Might help clarify....
    ... Sorry can't stay just now but if you still need help tommorrow I'll post then.
    Vinny

have you set the widths? also see if setting the height:auto; works?

Do you have a link? or the code?

Original Poster

vinnyabdn;6688848

Can you post your div tags?Might help clarify....... Sorry can't stay … Can you post your div tags?Might help clarify....... Sorry can't stay just now but if you still need help tommorrow I'll post then.Vinny

I have just had another look again this morning, basically what I'm missing is the scroll bar on the right hand side, even when I preview in the browser it is missing so I can only view what is visible on screen I cannot scroll down in either the browser or komposer.

In Kompozer in the "Normal", "HTML" & "Preview" modes the scroll bar is also missing but in the "Source" mode it is there.

I'm also using CSS as well which I've never used before, because they asked me to, why oh why did I say I would do the website for them!

faevilangel;6688880

have you set the widths? also see if setting the height:auto; works?I've … have you set the widths? also see if setting the height:auto; works?I've set the widths & fixed it at a point from the right & top but not the left or bottom, I have tried height:auto & also putting a large value in but it makes no difference.Do you have a link? or the code?

Have got to go out shortly will post either a link or the code later on today when I get back

EDIT just had a thought while I was getting ready, probably way off but I'm clutching at straws now... Is it anything to do with putting all the text in the DIV & none actually on the page, even though the DIV's are within the BODY?

Original Poster

Think I've sorted it now, the DIV tags were all over the place & I think what also did me was that I used static, sorted out my tags & changed to relative & the page layout is so far looking as it should do. :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad news about Barcelona24110
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764165
      3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2953
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?27121

See more discussions