Found 5th Oct 2008
Hi

I am trying to install windows xp onto my eee and have been following this guide: i64x.com/eee…php and have created the ISO file and copied it onto my usb pen however when I try to boot from the usb but nothing happens. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong please?

Thanks!!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Original Poster

here is the link: i64x.com/eee…php

have you looked at the booklet/instructions that came with your asus? i would think they would be easier to follow

Original Poster

deadduck_145;3125691

have you looked at the booklet/instructions that came with your asus? i … have you looked at the booklet/instructions that came with your asus? i would think they would be easier to follow

i have looked at the manual but it doesnt say how to put xp on using a usb pen only with a dvd drive

brillangel;3125813

i have looked at the manual but it doesnt say how to put xp on using a … i have looked at the manual but it doesnt say how to put xp on using a usb pen only with a dvd drive

oh right, sorry i cant be of any help. and theres no demos on youtube either

Original Poster

deadduck_145;3125887

oh right, sorry i cant be of any help. and theres no demos on youtube … oh right, sorry i cant be of any help. and theres no demos on youtube either

thats ok, thanks for your help anyway!!

Banned

simple.........

1- make sure the pc supports usb boot- check bios
2- are u sure u have created a "bootable" iso?- u will need magic iso to create the proper iso and use magic iso to extract to the pen

don;t think it can be done. Only from startup disks i.e. floppy or a DVD.
You would normally change your boot sequence in the bios so that your pc booted from CD rom first or A drive.
There may be a reinstaller already on, try holding down F9 or F10 or F11 while it's booting, it might let you go back to factory settings this way.

try this see if it helps ]http//ww…htm
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2030
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2099
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769517
    4. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1317

See more discussions