Found 16th Jun 2008
I was having with aol broadband (wireless)yesterday .wireless connection was keep disappearing after a while and keep saying local access only
i tried to reinstall aol software but when i was installing it said modem router cold not detect while router was on and all light on router was lighting up.
i am able to use with broadbad with wire
it is netgear modem router
any advise please

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

is it with windows XP?

i once fixed this problem but foigot the detailed step.

its something to do with the corrupted winsock setting. the fix was quite simple, just google "corrupted winsock"

Original Poster

it is window vista and dell laptop built in network adaptor and netgear modem router

Get a massive hammer, and lash you router for a good few minutes, take it back to the shop, telling them it doesn't work. They'll give you a replacement, which should work fine

Original Poster

toconn;2326592

Get a massive hammer, and lash you router for a good few minutes, take it … Get a massive hammer, and lash you router for a good few minutes, take it back to the shop, telling them it doesn't work. They'll give you a replacement, which should work fine

thanks

Failing that right click on the network icon, diagnose and repair, which may sort it out, I do get this issue from time to time, if a D &R doesn't work, a system reboot with a router reboot usually works

try changing the channel th wireless works on - 6 or 11 work best.

Original Poster

mrtootough;2326690

try changing the channel th wireless works on - 6 or 11 work best.

how to change a channel ?

If it works wired but not wireless then there's a good chance that the router has had it! toconn's original diagnosis (although maybe not the remedy) could be right. :roll:

munir;2326700

how to change a channel ?

You need find the router manufacturers ip address.
You then type it into your address bar on your browser.
Then you can login and change channels (amongst other stuff)
Username and password are usually both "Admin"
Which router is it ?

I had this problem as well but not with AOL. I updated my onboard wireless drivers from the manufacturer's website and this sorted it. Worth a try!

192.168.0.1 is normally the router address for netgear routers. otherwise it should be written on the underside of the router. if memory serves me correctly so are the default user name and password (admin and password i think)

once logged into the router click wireless settings or similar and change the channel to something else.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    2. win free cash32
    3. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition62654
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11

See more discussions