Groups

Help with iphone i bought of ebay and regrading 02 unlocking

Banned
    Hi i bought a 02 locked iphone 3g of ebay and i got the seller to fill in the 02 unlock form online so i can get it unlocked without being charged, what im not sure about is how will i tell when the unlock has been activated?

also is it ok to jailbreak the iphone now while waitign for the unlock to happen?

thanks

12 Comments

they text you........but i guess that will be the original owner? unless you have the sim too?

Original Poster Banned

jasonsowden;8798234

they text you........but i guess that will be the original owner? unless … they text you........but i guess that will be the original owner? unless you have the sim too?

No i dont have this sim,will have to temporaly use a new 02 sim while im waiting

dangermouse76;8798243

No i dont have this sim,will have to temporaly use a new 02 sim while im … No i dont have this sim,will have to temporaly use a new 02 sim while im waiting

You will never know then! Just keep trying other sims in it. Mine was unlocked within 6 days :thumbsup:

My wife's was unlocked 4 days after sending the text.

iTunes does it for you doesn't it?

Met-Cast;8798339

iTunes does it for you doesn't it?

Yeah, once you've had the text sync it with iTunes and it gets unlocked.

Original Poster Banned

steve1221;8798407

Yeah, once you've had the text sync it with iTunes and it gets unlocked.

so should i plug it into itunes with the vodafone sim in it every day to see if its uunlocked? or do i take the sim out

dangermouse76;8798438

so should i plug it into itunes with the vodafone sim in it every day to … so should i plug it into itunes with the vodafone sim in it every day to see if its uunlocked? or do i take the sim out

Pop the sim in and you will know if it's unlocked. I havent plugged mine in to itunes since its been unlocked thou ......maybe i should!! :?

dangermouse76;8798438

so should i plug it into itunes with the vodafone sim in it every day to … so should i plug it into itunes with the vodafone sim in it every day to see if its uunlocked? or do i take the sim out

I 'think' it has to be sync'd with an O2 sim in, but I'm not 100% sure, sorry. . .

Original Poster Banned

jasonsowden;8798315

You will never know then! Just keep trying other sims in it. Mine was … You will never know then! Just keep trying other sims in it. Mine was unlocked within 6 days :thumbsup:

so i dont have to have a 02 sim in it then, just keep trying my vodafone sim in it?

dangermouse76;8798591

so i dont have to have a 02 sim in it then, just keep trying my vodafone … so i dont have to have a 02 sim in it then, just keep trying my vodafone sim in it?

Pretty much so, not worth starting a new O2 sim off and then topping that up too! Dont know when you got the phone or when the original owner requested the unlock.......but it will only take a few days tops.

The procedure for o2 iphone unlocking is...

1. complete form
    2. text is sent to the o2 sim saying when the phone has been unlocked (usually takes about 1 week on average)
    3. insert non-o2 sim in iphone and connect to itunes
    4. iphone is unlocked

So if the person who requested the unlock doesn't let you know when they receive the text, just keep connecting to itunes with vodafone sim every few days. Shouldn't take too long.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4782286
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.2125
      3. Samsung Note 81017
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27122

See more discussions