Groups

Help with iphone music app

Can anyone help me this is bugging me for some time.

Basically I listen to radio shows in .mp3 format which are about 4 hours long however when I turn my phone off at night and back on in the morning it loses the position I was at and goes back to the start of the show hence me having to remember where I had listened up to and find that position manually.

Why doesn't it remember my place when I turn off my phone?

15 Comments

In file>click "get info" then on the options tab check the box that says "remember playback position"
    Edited by: "spiderbifida" 8th Jan 2015

I don't think you can do this in the iPhone Music app.

However, if these are podcasts, an app like Downcast will let you do this.

spiderbifida

In fileclick "get info" then on the options tab check the box that says … In file>click "get info" then on the options tab check the box that says "remember playback position"

This doesn't exist on the iPhone's music player app. I think you're referring to iTunes?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

As long as you play nothing in between, it should always remember the … As long as you play nothing in between, it should always remember the position of the current thing you're playing, just hit play from now playing, instead of selecting the file again.

I do go to hit play and it starts again!

Original Poster

spiderbifida

In fileclick "get info" then on the options tab check the box that says … In file>click "get info" then on the options tab check the box that says "remember playback position"

Should I do this via itunes before I load it to my phone?

Original Poster

Tony68k

I don't think you can do this in the iPhone Music app.However, if these … I don't think you can do this in the iPhone Music app.However, if these are podcasts, an app like Downcast will let you do this.

Have tried these but would prefer it all to go through the music app as it syncs nicely to my car.

nwressell

Should I do this via itunes before I load it to my phone?

yep, as others have said there's no way to do it via your phone.

Do you turn off your phone or do you just leave it on standby

When in iTunes, try setting the media type to audiobook and as said above ensure "remember playback position" is set.

Elsewhere it's been commented that ensuring the extension is in lower case might make this work correctly.. mp3, not MP3.

edit: And remove any spaces from the filename.

edit: The other suggestion I've read is that when you transfer these files to your phone, browse to them via iTunes and turn off the remember last position option, click ok, then turn it back on again. It's been suggested that when transferring files to your phone this flag can get reset.

I've reading this lot here: discussions.apple.com/thr…t=0

Edited by: "Tony68k" 8th Jan 2015

Original Poster

ding

Do you turn off your phone or do you just leave it on standby

I turn it off fully.

Original Poster

Tony68k

When in iTunes, try setting the media type to audiobook and as said above … When in iTunes, try setting the media type to audiobook and as said above ensure "remember playback position" is set.Elsewhere it's been commented that ensuring the extension is in lower case might make this work correctly.. mp3, not MP3.edit: And remove any spaces from the filename.edit: The other suggestion I've read is that when you transfer these files to your phone, browse to them via iTunes and turn off the remember last position option, click ok, then turn it back on again. It's been suggested that when transferring files to your phone this flag can get reset.I've reading this lot here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5345505?start=15&tstart=0

Thanks will give that a whirl

nwressell

I turn it off fully.

do you need to turn it off fully if you leave it on standby then it will start from where you stopped the night before

Comment

nwressell

Have tried these but would prefer it all to go through the music app as … Have tried these but would prefer it all to go through the music app as it syncs nicely to my car.

What do you mean by this? All iOS apps use a stock media control framework so your car should work fine with any app. I recommend buying Pocketcasts - which is not only beautiful and simple but also works fine with a Ford Fiesta's integrated Bluetooth - that I do know

Original Poster

Comment

ding

do you need to turn it off fully if you leave it on standby then it will … do you need to turn it off fully if you leave it on standby then it will start from where you stopped the night before

prefer to turn it off fully

Original Poster

Comment

misterleoni

CommentWhat do you mean by this? All iOS apps use a stock media control … CommentWhat do you mean by this? All iOS apps use a stock media control framework so your car should work fine with any app. I recommend buying Pocketcasts - which is not only beautiful and simple but also works fine with a Ford Fiesta's integrated Bluetooth - that I do know

its a mercedes new C class and it connects just fine, just if I press play on car dash the music app is the default for some reason, however if I connect and press play on anything else they that will play out
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How easy is it to get a refund from Halfords?57
      2. Query on retail selling on beer22
      3. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz918
      4. Ide to sata converter22

See more discussions