Groups

Help with ISO file to disc

I need to write a computer program that is an ISO file to a disc. Ive just tried to use image burn but dont really understand what i'm doing. It says jobs complete but it looks like only one image was burned to the disc, and when i click the program shortcut it asks me to insert the disc

any help out there?

16 Comments

an iso is a file or hundreds or even thousands of files compressed and waiting to be written to a cd/dvd depending on its size.

i use nero burning to write my iso's to disc, but there are loads of free 1's on the net.

if you have got nero then open it and use that mate, a bit more info would help me more to help you....

lollypop

Original Poster

what other info do u need?

what is the size of the iso file ?
    have you got nero burning software ?
    what operating system are you using ?
    what software did you use originally to burn it,and did you use a cd or dvd ?

i use image burn what i do is open img burn ,click on write image file to disc ,then on the top it says source click browse for file ,find the file then click burn and thats it !

ok, once it has finished and you open the cd/dvd drive and then close it again with the disc in that you have just made, if you go to my computer and then right click on the cd/dvd icon, and select explore, how many files or folders do you see ?

It's ImgBurn. Don't say it then type it.

post a log of your burn.

Also some more details like what is the file / iso exactly is it from a copy protected game/application etc read to ISO .

Really it should be open ImgBurn / switch to write mode or if in Ez-Mode picker then use top left option "Write image file to disc" tick verify box

or right click on ISO and choose burn with ImgBurn if there is a .mds or a .dvd file t o go with ISO then you need to select that first

Sounds like you are burning the one single ISO image file to the disk.

An ISO files is an "image" of a CD or DVD (it is packed rather like a ZIP file)

What you need to do is burn the ISO file in such a way the ISO "unpacks" itself and puts all the unpacked files onto the CD or DVD.

Nero should be able to do this.

dontasciime;7066194

It's ImgBurn. Don't say it then type it.post a log of your burn.Also some … It's ImgBurn. Don't say it then type it.post a log of your burn.Also some more details like what is the file exactly.Really it should be open ImgBurn / switch to write mode or if in Ez-Mode picker then use top left option "Write image file to disc" tick verify box

i think your trying to teach chinese to a french bloke mate ! your using switches which im sure this member dont understand ? i know your only trying to help like i am , but im sure if hes struggling with a simple iso file then he wont understand Ez-mode or how to use a switch in a run box ?
    cheers

Original Poster

guilbert53;7066230

Sounds like you are burning the one single ISO image file to the disk.An … Sounds like you are burning the one single ISO image file to the disk.An ISO files is an "image" of a CD or DVD (it is packed rather like a ZIP file)What you need to do is burn the ISO file in such a way the ISO "unpacks" itself and puts all the unpacked files onto the CD or DVD.Nero should be able to do this.

yeah i think this is whats happened.

Any advice on how to use nero to do this, Im downloading nero now

shacal;7066105

i use image burn what i do is open img burn ,click on write image file … i use image burn what i do is open img burn ,click on write image file to disc ,then on the top it says source click browse for file ,find the file then click burn and thats it !

^^^^^
    This.

No need for Nero.

lollypoplee;7066251

i think your trying to teach chinese to a french bloke mate ! your using … i think your trying to teach chinese to a french bloke mate ! your using switches which im sure this member dont understand ? i know your only trying to help like i am , but im sure if hes struggling with a simple iso file then he wont understand Ez-mode or how to use a switch in a run box ?cheers

where the hell do you see me telling him to use CLI mode as in switches ?

I'm telling them the easiest way right click on ISO and choose burn with ImgBurn :lol or from Ez-Mode Picker which is the default mode ImgBurn starts up in on first install until the settings are changes This Ez mode is as the name suggest EASY and for starters/ newcomers.

I see where you get switch from now, I told them to switch to write mode cos if they changed the default start up behavior of ImgBurn they no longer will see Ez mode and will have instead the standard Gui.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3315/ib12.png

Or you can use ]ISO buster and extract the files manually from the ISO file and burn them as data on the CD. But i don't think its autorun and should be used as a last resort.

krazie2004;7066429

Or you can use ]ISO buster and extract the files manually and burn them … Or you can use ]ISO buster and extract the files manually and burn them as data on the CD. But i don't think its autorun and should be a last resort.

You can use 7zip or winrar to extract ISO if you wanted will not be able to do anything with it if someone cannot figure out how to right click and burn.

dontasciime;7066446

You can use 7zip or winrar to extract ISO if you wanted will not be able … You can use 7zip or winrar to extract ISO if you wanted will not be able to do anything with it if someone cannot figure out how to right click and burn.

now you can see what i was saying mate :roll:

lollypoplee;7066596

now you can see what i was saying mate :roll:

No idea what you mean as it's not the same

to original poster look at the guides for ImgBurn forum.imgburn.com/ind…=61

Original Poster

Yay - success - think it was an basic error when I started, tried again and it worked. thanks for everyones help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2292
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917257
      3. Sad news about Barcelona2396
      4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2457

See more discussions