Groups

Help with Kef 2005.3 sub - fuse has blown!

I have a Kef KHT 2005.3 subwoofer and when I switched it on it blew the house electrics. It has a 10 amp fuse in the plug. I have been shopping everywhere but no-one seems to sell 10 amp fuses anymore!

The only place I have found is Trading Depot which charges £2.95 delivery.

Can I put a 5 amp fuse in? The sub is only 3 months old

Thanks in advance

2 Comments

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure if you put a lower value fuse in it will either blow straight away or very soon after replacing it. A higher value fuse may allow your sub to be damaged so I would definitely replace it with another 10A fuse.

Banned

Russ2626;8731413

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure if you put a lower value fuse in it … I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure if you put a lower value fuse in it will either blow straight away or very soon after replacing it. A higher value fuse may allow your sub to be damaged so I would definitely replace it with another 10A fuse.

the fuse is related to the cable not the device, it has 10 amp cable
    try an independant electrical shop, b&q even should sell, £1 on ebay delivered for 10

if its blowing the fuse, then there is a direct short, the device wont draw even 5 amps, and has an internal fuse to protect the device

i think the cable has been damaged somehow, mains fuses are slow blow, you have to draw over the rating for a fair while before they blow, if it blows a 10 amp right away, then its a short, turning off the house RCD shows its also earthing out ( the house circuit overloads are also way above even 13amp so that tells you a fuse aint gonna fix it)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened44
      2. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD511
      3. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?45
      4. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed11

See more discussions