Groups
    EXPIRED

Help with laptop

I have a samsung Q45 laptop. The problem, or maybe just design is the brightness. Since I've had it its done this but hoped someone could sort it for me. When plugged in you can have the screen very bright but when its running on battery its only so bright. I can tell its not broken because it works when its plugged in but I really want it at the brightest it will go when im on battery.

Any help appreciated.

9 Comments

go into power settings and adjust there, or press Fn and whatever key has little pictures of the sun on them

Original Poster

shanecr;3778978

go into power settings and adjust there, or press Fn and whatever key has … go into power settings and adjust there, or press Fn and whatever key has little pictures of the sun on them

Tried that and it isn't working. I can adjust the brightness using the Fn keys but even at top brightness it still isnt that bright. Have fiddled with power settings as well not working.

Go into the computer bios and check the brightness settings there.
    I have a problem with mine where it doesnt always let me go to full brightness as the bios has reset to a lower level.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3779043

Go into the computer bios and check the brightness settings there.I have … Go into the computer bios and check the brightness settings there.I have a problem with mine where it doesnt always let me go to full brightness as the bios has reset to a lower level.

Cheers Ill give that ago and get back to you.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3779043

Go into the computer bios and check the brightness settings there.I have … Go into the computer bios and check the brightness settings there.I have a problem with mine where it doesnt always let me go to full brightness as the bios has reset to a lower level.

I LOVE YOU that worked. Do you know how long I've had this problem, 1 year. Thankyou. Repped to both of you.

Original Poster

Actually while your about I have problem where I cant get things like @. On this laptop you press shift ' and @ comes up but on the samsung when you do that this comes up ". Random things like that. How do I put that back to normal?

Sounds like your keyboard is set to american. The american @ is shift and 2.
    To change it, it should be in the control panel under keyboard settings or regional settings.

Edit: On vista its control panel, regional and language settings, keyboards and languages, change keyboards, add, then chose English (UK).

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3779234

Sounds like your keyboard is set to american. The american @ is shift and … Sounds like your keyboard is set to american. The american @ is shift and 2.To change it, it should be in the control panel under keyboard settings or regional settings.Edit: On vista its control panel, regional and language settings, keyboards and languages, change keyboards, add, then chose English (UK).

Your right it must be American because when I press shift 2 it comes out as @. But when i go to the keyboard bit in control panel I cant find out how to change it. Any ideas?

Edit found the regional bit and everything is set to Uk..

Original Poster

Wheyy!! done it. I'm out of problems now mate but thanks for your help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?34208
      2. word association Game72844180
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …80138
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846283

See more discussions