Help with Laptop dvd player please - ANYBODY???????? pretty please x x

10 replies
Found 21st May 2008
Hi guys,
For some reason I seem to be having trouble with my laptop DVD player. Don't know if I'm allowed to say this but it all started when I was using 'Nero' to download and when I go into my documents (downloads) and attach file it says I can't as there is no video footage. So I then tried to just play a DVD but that didn't work either. Can download Music though! Is there any buttons I could have accidently pressed as I was using it last week with no problems.

10 Comments

I am afraid I do not understand your question.

Maybe others dont either which is why you are getting no answers.

You say you are having problems with your DVD player.

Then you talk about using Nero to download which I dont understand. Download what?

Then you talk about attaching a file? To what? Nero ? Why?

Then you talk about playing a DVD but that did not work. What DVD? What is on it, where did it come from ?

You need to explain more clearly what you are trying to do, what you have done, and what is not working.

by 'download music' do u mean u can burn music?

..actually im lost as well.... not that i could help..me iz fick!

Original Poster

Sorry guys. I'm not very technical so can't explain very well. Don't worry - I think I'll get a man in, ta though

What are you trying to do? Is it downloaded films? If so do they end with the extension .iso? You will need to burn these using nero burning rom rather than express. If this is the case then post back and i will try and talk you through it.

Banned

cutest thread in the world.... what you downloaded could be in .rar or .zip format in which case you need to get a copy of winrar to unzip the file(s) then you can "download" (burn) them to a cd (dvd).

Original Poster

harlzter;2146563

What are you trying to do? Is it downloaded films? If so do they end with … What are you trying to do? Is it downloaded films? If so do they end with the extension .iso? You will need to burn these using nero burning rom rather than express. If this is the case then post back and i will try and talk you through it.

Hiya, yes, download films. I have had no probs for last month but all of a sudden this week it won't let me do it!

Original Poster

imranmaz;2146598

cutest thread in the world.... ).

lol. why thanks:oops: x

Firstly try right clicking on the file you want to burn and it SHOULD give you the option Open with> then select > Nero Burning Rom

If not try the following:

Navigate to Nero in the start menu, expand that and select data it will then expand to give you Nero Burning Rom, select this and open the application this will open two windows so close the uppermost one and on the remaining one select recorder on the top bar so it gives you a drop down box, now you need to select burn image, this will open a box that allows you to navigate to the file you want to burn, select the file and that will place it ready to burn, make sure that finalize disc is now ticked, select your burning speed (I usually use 4 to be safe). Then off you go!

Original Poster

harlzter;2146940

Firstly try right clicking on the file you want to burn and it SHOULD … Firstly try right clicking on the file you want to burn and it SHOULD give you the option Open with> then select > Nero Burning RomIf not try the following:Navigate to Nero in the start menu, expand that and select data it will then expand to give you Nero Burning Rom, select this and open the application this will open two windows so close the uppermost one and on the remaining one select recorder on the top bar so it gives you a drop down box, now you need to select burn image, this will open a box that allows you to navigate to the file you want to burn, select the file and that will place it ready to burn, make sure that finalize disc is now ticked, select your burning speed (I usually use 4 to be safe). Then off you go!

Thank you soo much for you help and patience it really is very much appreciated and sorry it's taking me soo long to reply but I lost internet conection too - would you believe it!! Tried what you have suggested and got as far as "this will open a box that allows you to navigate to the file you want to burn" But when I go to select my film it says it's empty. One of them is an old one that I have already downloaded and so know it worked last week but not now!

Original Poster

I've tried again and I got another box pop up which says
'Not all files could be added because not all the necessary licenses have been activated...'
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. With or without cream?22
    2. Is it illegal to sell train tickets?33
    3. Skateboarding advice (beginner) 25/yo212
    4. Sweet Sunday Codes11

See more discussions