Groups
    EXPIRED

help with laptop plz - wont charge battery

hi all,

hoping for some advice. have a dell inspiron 1525. the power supply went last week so got a replacement, but its not charging the battery. its the correct power supply as can use just using that but it just says plugged in , not charging.

any ideas? appreciated

7 Comments

Banned

off ebay by any chance

Banned

It's not the same Watt output as your old charger

Are you certain that it was the power supply at fault originally or could it have been something to do with the computer all the time? Is it a single item or in 2 parts? If 2 parts then make sure you push all connections together properly.

Original Poster

Murielson;7779441

Are you certain that it was the power supply at fault originally or could … Are you certain that it was the power supply at fault originally or could it have been something to do with the computer all the time? Is it a single item or in 2 parts? If 2 parts then make sure you push all connections together properly.

its in 2 parts and both in properly , laptop picks it up ok and says plugged in but just wont charge the battery. its not a official dell replacement but same part number and watt :? :? :?

Original Poster

sassie;7779366

off ebay by any chance

what do you mean :? the charger?

The battery is probably dead, it happens if you have it plugged in most of the time but with the battery in as well.

My dell battery did the same, mine has a button actually on the battery when you press it some lights come on to tell you if it is healthy.

Alternatively,
    1. reboot computer, quickly press F2, will go to BIOS
    2. select to Battery Health, you will see the condition of battery.

Original Poster

nothing works but got a replacement coming ... thanks all for your help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
      3. One thing you've forgotten68
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions