EXPIRED

help with laptop suggestion wanted

hi, recently i saw a tasty HP DV6599 and instantly fall in love with its look. I am an architect and looking for a decent machine. A friend suggested that i take a look an Sony Vaio Laptop, VGNFZ18M, slightly more expensive than the HP, but i have been told that Sony machine gets overheated easily. Is this true? Any suggestion appreciated. thanks

4 Comments

I'd avoid Sony. Their systems aren't especially good for build quality or value.

I'm assuming you've got something in the region of an £850 budget here. With that amount of money to hand, I'd buy a Dell Inspiron 1720. 17" screen, 2GB RAM, 2GHz Core2Duo, nVidia 8600GT video with 256MB of real memory, and a 1 year warranty RTB warranty thrown in (although, for quick and easy repairs, like a failed harddisk or a borked keyboard, new bits can be couriered out to you for the next business day), so the spec seems an improvement. Might be worth a shot.

Banned

Hello SpaceMan

Please state a budget

Sony laptops are that great over the last few months/years they have had a lot of problems with there products including there laptop batteries. I advise to stay well away from Sony.

Best to go with Acer or Toshiba. Toshiba offer free 2 year warranty if you had more then 3 repairs in one year

I would go for Toshiba . They have a good reputation. I have one.
Tell them it's for business. You will probably get a better after sales
service .
As an example of their service : - I was checking on their site for any
updates and was asked to do a battery check. They said my battery
should be replaced to be safe and they sent it , free of charge, within
the week.

Paul.

Original Poster

my budget is in the region of £850. I think i will stay away from sony then. Any comment on the HP. Toshiba is a good brand, but i am not sure if its look...same to Dell.. i know i know i am vein. :oops:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553819
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767517
    3. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards46
    4. Feels weird!918

See more discussions