help with linksys wireless

Banned
girlfriend filled kettle blow fuses in house plug surge protected reconnected keep powering on then off again

13 Comments

Banned

Can we have that in English please?

CSIman

He says
The Girlfriend filled the kettle. It's blown the fuses in house but the plug is surge protected. We reconnected it and it keeps powering on then off again

Well - I think thats what he meant!

Original Poster Banned

no help there then

Your wireless router keeps going on and off ? Need a bit more info , is it power cycling, or are you losing/gaining connectivity from your PC ?

Original Poster Banned

power keeps going on and off

danby jason;1401684

power keeps going on and off

If you've tried pulling the plug, leaving it for a while and then powering on - the only other thing to suggest is a reset back to factory settings ? Sounds like something has been cooked on the inside though.

Edit - One other thing, other electical stuff in your house is okay ?

Original Poster Banned

tryed leaving power off and ive reset it

Original Poster Banned

every thing in house ok

If you plug in another device, like a standard light, would that keep powering off and on I wonder...? Or try a radio or something else in the router plug point

danby jason;1401694

tryed leaving power off and ive reset it

Just been having a quick look on ]http//fo…om/ there are some posts on there about routers powering on/off. Might be worthwhile having a look/posting there.

Original Poster Banned

thanks for that john boy looking at site now

I had problems with the internet connection and my Linksys wireless router, checked website and ended up calling their helpline. Might be worth calling them if you get no joy with the website? Although I was on the phone for an hour, they were really helpful and went through everything in detail (they're American). The customer service number is in the paper work that came with the router.

Banned

put it by the window
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185923
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?1747
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213609
    4. Sad news about Barcelona2188

See more discussions