Groups

help with linux

I have a problem on the linux trying to open a browser and it's not working, trying to use it on an asprie one netbook. Have googled and tried various things but it's still not working. All help appreciated :-/

7 Comments

What browser are you trying to open, how are you opening it and what error are you getting?

Also what linux distro are you running.

A place to start would be to open a terminal and tail /var/log/messages

you could download a different browser and try it? the linux distro would help as DVS_Dee said

Original Poster

im trying to open firefox, nothing happens when i try and open it with no error message

i don't know what linux distro it is i'm afraid

when i try

DVS_Dee

What browser are you trying to open, how are you opening it and what … What browser are you trying to open, how are you opening it and what error are you getting?Also what linux distro are you running.A place to start would be to open a terminal and tail /var/log/messages

Original Poster

Chuckles1001

you could download a different browser and try it? the linux distro would … you could download a different browser and try it? the linux distro would help as DVS_Dee said

i cant load a different browser as it won't let me go onto anything

Lilly_White

i cant load a different browser as it won't let me go onto anything

With this little info maybe you should not be using Linux? in your opening page you said it was jsut the browser that was not working, not yuour saying you cant open anything?? they are different things.
    you should have an application manager where you can add a new browser (Opera maybe) as it is not a browser.

If there is nothing you care about on the netbook i would try this
    ubuntu.com/net…oad
    it is very easy to understand and you only need a USB stick 2Gb, hope it helps

Put JoliOS on your netbook, you cant really go wrong.

Jetpac

Put JoliOS on your netbook, you cant really go wrong.

Do you mean JoliCloud??? if so it is very good to use, and only Distro i have come across that never has a problem with wireless drivers or connecting to a router
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5022504
      2. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!1014
      3. GCSE Results day911
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764719

See more discussions