Groups

help with makeup.

hi all could anyone help me in regards to makeup? only i have never worn makeup in me life before so have no idea what to get. i just want to make myself feel/ look better with not too much cost.
    any help would be fab!

17 Comments

boots are doing £5 pinkie off N07( pink coupons) when you spend £5 on anything in boots. If you get a nice member of staff they will let you spend £20 to get free gift and let you have a pink slip off your purchases

u only need a few basic pieces...a good mascara... a good eye liner and a good blush and lippy... or go for a gloss.... ive got chanel stuff...expensive but good

however if u want loadsa colours and jus wana try what looks good...go mad in boots.... see what suits before u settle with a big brand name

Original Poster

is no7 makeup any good?

errrmmm, ok, i guess starting with basics, so your not buying things you dont need. do you have a friend you trust, who could take you shopping to help you pick things that would suit you? I have found boots own ranges to be pretty good, 17 and 7, and occasionaly the natural collection stuff, which is good for eye liners. depends on what you want.

I guess going for a natural look would be a good place to start

Superdrug is pretty good for cheapy stuff too

Post a pic so we can advise you a bit better:-D

Original Poster

jtx;3194762

Post a pic so we can advise you a bit better:-D

cheeky. lol :-D

well u must be pretty if u got away without make up all this time..if i go out without lippy i look dead!

Im like you hun and never really wear much, if i do ive always invested in a good brand, clinique is great if you're in your twenties, and there tinted moisturisers are lovely and light. I never wear anything heavy and my skin is pretty good for my age, sometimes the more you wear the more it ages you.

Original Poster

yeah i just want a bit of foundation , blusher and maybe some lip gloss stuff. i nice natural look
    thank you for your help everyone, i think i will go to boots try a few test pots out and then see where i can get it cheaper online esp if i prefer the expensive stuff, thanks everyone

Go to somewhere like Body Shop where they do free make-up sessions and the make-up is then not too expensive to buy, or choose No7 counter in Boots. At least then you'll also get an idea as to how to apply the make-up and which colours suit you, just explain to them that you don't want to look over the top, just everyday natural make-up and they should be able to help you.

Don't forget a good cleanser too :thumbsup:

Annie1508;3195327

Go to somewhere like Body Shop where they do free make-up sessions and … Go to somewhere like Body Shop where they do free make-up sessions and the make-up is then not too expensive to buy, or choose No7 counter in Boots. At least then you'll also get an idea as to how to apply the make-up and which colours suit you, just explain to them that you don't want to look over the top, just everyday natural make-up and they should be able to help you.

All the beauty counters do free makeovers, i can definately recommend clinique if youre in your twenties, drop by a department store and get a makeover, you wont regret it, even though i dont use it anymore i used clinique from my teens until my late twenties and i am sure that that is the reason my skin has stayed so good.

the dept stores are only free if you buy the products, trust me i have tried today.

jellybaby22;3195343

lol dont go to the counters...my friend did it once..they made her look … lol dont go to the counters...my friend did it once..they made her look like a clown..that was their idea of everyday makeup...lol

Body Shop are the best bet, I had a makeover there once and didn't look like a clown!!

Original Poster

thank you for your help everyone, you have all been great,

take a look at a site called ivillage

You can try different make up and hairstyles, if you are good with uploading your pic
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions