Help with measurements

Posted 25th Mar
I’m an idiot and don’t have a clue what it means, I’m looking at some flooring for my kitchen and found some which is 5m squared a pack, does that mean it’s 5m each way?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Answer : square root of 5m squared; enough for a square with 2.236m sides or 2.2m each way.
No it means it will cover 5 square meters. Imagine 1x1 m and it will cover 5 of those, if you get my drift. If you had a room say 3m by 5m , thats 15 square meters so you'd need 3 of those packs.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 25th Mar
You’ll be able to cover 5 square metres, whether that be 1m x 5m, or 2m x 2.5m etc is up to you and how you fit it.
How many would I need for 2.7/2.8m?
Arto25/03/2020 21:34

How many would I need for 2.7/2.8m?

Is that one side is 2.7m wide and 2.8m long that would need, 7.56m2 ,

Are you sure the pack covers 5m2 and not 0.5m2 that will be a very big pack they usually sampler sized packs.
You would need 2 lots. Is the floor even and smooth? If it's not then you have some prep work to do ie the tiles either won't stick properly, will crack our the pattern will rub off after time.
Ringfinger25/03/2020 21:56

You would need 2 lots. Is the floor even and smooth? If it's not then you …You would need 2 lots. Is the floor even and smooth? If it's not then you have some prep work to do ie the tiles either won't stick properly, will crack our the pattern will rub off after time.

Yes it’s is fully flat and smooth
Are these any good? Didn’t even know they existed. I currently have wooden floor but I hate the light colour. This looks ideal as long as the quality is there.

Adding it up though it is fairly pricey. Works out roughly the same as new laminate flooring. Obviously without the labour costs.

Would love to read a review once you get them.
201526/03/2020 00:30

Are these any good? Didn’t even know they existed. I currently have wooden …Are these any good? Didn’t even know they existed. I currently have wooden floor but I hate the light colour. This looks ideal as long as the quality is there.Adding it up though it is fairly pricey. Works out roughly the same as new laminate flooring. Obviously without the labour costs.Would love to read a review once you get them.

I have this in the hallway, though not the same manufacturer. The heavy wear has rubbed part of the texturing smooth in places, and consequently the pattern has faded to almost nin existence. It's ok for short to medium term burr not long life. If you can afford it go for a laminate with a thicker laminate on top, normally 4mm but some up to 8mm. The other alternative is bamboo flooring. Ecologically sound, water resistant and bugs don't like it either - but avoid dark bamboo - because of the way it's manufactured it's weaker.
Ringfinger26/03/2020 01:30

I have this in the hallway, though not the same manufacturer. The heavy …I have this in the hallway, though not the same manufacturer. The heavy wear has rubbed part of the texturing smooth in places, and consequently the pattern has faded to almost nin existence. It's ok for short to medium term burr not long life. If you can afford it go for a laminate with a thicker laminate on top, normally 4mm but some up to 8mm. The other alternative is bamboo flooring. Ecologically sound, water resistant and bugs don't like it either - but avoid dark bamboo - because of the way it's manufactured it's weaker.

Thanks for that. It’s a bit worrying the pattern has faded. There are only two of us in a 1 bed flat so not sure what constitutes heavy wear.

It seemed great at first but then after your thoughts im kind of thinking it’s a false economy of you are paying roughly the same price for a product that will wear after a couple of years. At least with laminate it will last you 10 years.

I may get back to try in the bedroom to see how it goes. £40 could be worth a chance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants