Help with memory stick for PSP phat PLEASE

10 replies
Found 31st Jan 2009
We're off on holiday and so someone has kindly put my husbands games for his PSP on to disc. I have a lexar memory stick PRO Duo 8GB Magicgate. I thought all I had to do was copy the file from the disc to the card on my PC, but although it shows on the PC as being copied, when we put it in the PSP it says there are no games. What are we doing wrong? We're not very technically minded so any help will be much appreciated.

10 Comments

[COLOR="Magenta"]maybe a silly question but can you play homebrew games on the psp?[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]in other words does the psp have custom firmware on ?[/COLOR]

As above. Has the PSP got custom firmware on it?

If so, do the games need unzipping?

Original Poster

shacal;4242909

[COLOR="Magenta"]maybe a silly question but can you play homebrew games … [COLOR="Magenta"]maybe a silly question but can you play homebrew games on the psp?[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]in other words does the psp have custom firmware on ?[/COLOR]

Like I said - we're not very technical, but a friend has had the PSP and supposedly put this custom firmware on (whatever that is). How can I tell? Also how do I know if the games need to be unzipped - the files do not show on the PC as zipped.:thinking:

kensington143;4242973

Like I said - we're not very technical, but a friend has had the PSP and … Like I said - we're not very technical, but a friend has had the PSP and supposedly put this custom firmware on (whatever that is). How can I tell? Also how do I know if the games need to be unzipped - the files do not show on the PC as zipped.:thinking:

Go to the cross media bar on the PSP, and go to "System settings"and then "System information" it will tell you what firmware you are on.

Example 5.00 M33-6

kensington143;4242973

Like I said - we're not very technical, but a friend has had the PSP and … Like I said - we're not very technical, but a friend has had the PSP and supposedly put this custom firmware on (whatever that is). How can I tell? Also how do I know if the games need to be unzipped - the files do not show on the PC as zipped.:thinking:

[COLOR="Magenta"]Maybe try to format the memory stick and try again assuming its custom firmware ?[/COLOR]

Original Poster

thesaint;4243040

Go to the cross media bar on the PSP, and go to "System settings"and then … Go to the cross media bar on the PSP, and go to "System settings"and then "System information" it will tell you what firmware you are on.Example 5.00 M33-6

So, I have 5.00 M33-3?

Original Poster

shacal;4243061

[COLOR="Magenta"]Maybe try to format the memory stick and try again … [COLOR="Magenta"]Maybe try to format the memory stick and try again assuming its custom firmware ?[/COLOR]

ok - gonna give that a try and see what happens - I'll be back :thumbsup:

kensington143;4243096

So, I have 5.00 M33-3?

[COLOR="Magenta"]yes you have custom firmware,i would pop the memory card in the psp and format it then try copying the games back over to it ,also the psp games on the disc what do they end in eg fifa 09 psp?[/COLOR]

The games usually end with extension .cso or .iso

Make sure that you put them in the "ISO" folder of the PSP, and not the "Game" folder.

Original Poster

Yippee - we have lift off, or at least game on (memory stick that is!) And its all thanks to you 2. Thank you SOOOOO much. rep left for both of you. xxx
:-D :-D :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2953
    2. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled. (Statement from TT Games)1112
    3. Add one, leave one game54415464
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…52115

See more discussions