Groups

Help with microsoft vista

About a week ago my commputer packed up so i had to reinstall windows vista. The problem is - i bought it as an online download from software4students.com
    So obviously the code isnt on the disc as it was an online download.
    When i asked them to send me the ID for my version again they refused stating - ITS ON THE DISC.
    Its not on the disc...... its a replacement disc they sent me (for an optional 7 quid) as the online download had all the info.
    What can i do as i really dont have the cash at the moment to buy a new OS

9 Comments

Original Poster

no i bought it about a year and a bit ago - and no i cant find it in order page either

Banned

surely you registered it with MS. Ring them and they may tell you the key.

Original Poster

csiman;8618860

surely you registered it with MS. Ring them and they may tell you the key.

aha this could work?
    do u know how to contact them? If i try opening contact us on UK site it wont work

]http//su…ory
    is the right link!

however!

Service Unavailable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable
    lol.

]http//sa…php

search microsoft!

Banned

Mclovin;8618873

aha this could work?do u know how to contact them? If i try opening … aha this could work?do u know how to contact them? If i try opening contact us on UK site it wont work

doesnt it tell you the support telno when you are installing

if your computer had windows vista on it and you have installed the same operating system on it. under your computer you will have the windows code use that one ,

Banned

maurice;8621460

if your computer had windows vista on it and you have installed the same … if your computer had windows vista on it and you have installed the same operating system on it. under your computer you will have the windows code use that one ,

OP bought the OS seperately with no COA

Original Poster

csiman;8621516

OP bought the OS seperately with no COA

yeah no sticker. I bought it online and paid 7 quid extra for the replacement disc.
    They still aint budging.
    I had to completly reformat harddrive as wasnt enough space on it to clean install vista again

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8623338

Why would they give you a new once because you lost it?

i dont want a new one.
    I want the code for my version - which was online originally - but they have taken it off from my account now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Memory foam mattress topper22
      2. Android tablet parental control ?11
      3. Biscuit addiction1643
      4. Any solicitors? Leasehold covenant Query "business use"33

See more discussions