Groups

help with mileage allowance from work please

Hi all

I started a new job this week and they only pay 30p a mile.

In my old position i had gone over the first 10k and was on 25p. (in that position i had tupe'd over from another company and my manager told me she didn't put in those miles i had done with the first company)

As i'm now with a new company, can i claim back the 15p per mile?

Thank you in advance

8 Comments

eh?

Original Poster

cdm22

eh?

lol... in this tax year id gone over 10k mileage so dropped from 45p to 25p. I have just started with a new company and they pay 30p a mile. Can i claim it to 45p or will my mileage from the old company be considered?

bodacious

lol... in this tax year id gone over 10k mileage so dropped from 45p to … lol... in this tax year id gone over 10k mileage so dropped from 45p to 25p. I have just started with a new company and they pay 30p a mile. Can i claim it to 45p or will my mileage from the old company be considered?

Total mileage covered on the tax year will be considered.

Original Poster

dereklogan7

Total mileage covered on the tax year will be considered.

ohh man so if i say something they might get me to pay back the 5p

bodacious

ohh man so if i say something they might get me to pay back the 5p

Might be better for you to contact HMRC and have this adjusted. All depends on how any miles wil you do with current company. If your under the 10k then you can claim the difference from HMRC.
    Your company does not have to pay the going rate

Original Poster

FreeDeal

Might be better for you to contact HMRC and have this adjusted. All … Might be better for you to contact HMRC and have this adjusted. All depends on how any miles wil you do with current company. If your under the 10k then you can claim the difference from HMRC.Your company does not have to pay the going rate

i'll be under 10k between now and april if thats what you mean. I know they don't have to pay 45p but i know you can claim it back

bodacious

i'll be under 10k between now and april if thats what you mean. I know … i'll be under 10k between now and april if thats what you mean. I know they don't have to pay 45p but i know you can claim it back

No, sorry I mean next tax year

You claim back the tax relief on the difference, not the difference.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826352
      2. word association Game73844463
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767200
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers79

See more discussions