Found 7th Jul 2008
just been petrol station and got 2 stroke oil, mixed it up and to my luck my mini moto wont start, ive tried with and without the choke on and with no luck, can anyone help me please

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

What ratio did you mix it to?

Original Poster

teambintip;2474526

What ratio did you mix it to?

1:25

Is it newish? 25:1 is only for the first couple of tankfuls, then should be 50:1

Original Poster

teambintip;2474583

Is it newish? 25:1 is only for the first couple of tankfuls, then should … Is it newish? 25:1 is only for the first couple of tankfuls, then should be 50:1

not brand new, should it still start even if it has a 25:1 ratio?

Not always. Too much oil in the mix makes it harder to ignite, especially when the plugs cold.

I'd also have a look at the spark-plug. It should look clean with no oily deposits

Original Poster

teambintip;2474621

Not always. Too much oil in the mix makes it harder to ignite, especially … Not always. Too much oil in the mix makes it harder to ignite, especially when the plugs cold.I'd also have a look at the spark-plug. It should look clean with no oily deposits

kk, ill get back to you, thanks

Original Poster

dean3988;2474659

kk, ill get back to you, thanks

just checked, spark plug looks normal, no deposits

Original Poster

teambintip;2474621

Not always. Too much oil in the mix makes it harder to ignite, especially … Not always. Too much oil in the mix makes it harder to ignite, especially when the plugs cold.I'd also have a look at the spark-plug. It should look clean with no oily deposits

anything else I can check

Bleed the tank and start all over again using ratio 1:50, Had the same problem plenty of times.

Original Poster

Pitbikeboy;2475145

Bleed the tank and start all over again using ratio 1:50, Had the same … Bleed the tank and start all over again using ratio 1:50, Had the same problem plenty of times.

did it work? how do i blead it tip the moto upside down or unplug the tube to the engine

Original Poster

also Im gonna use a liter to start over again am i correct saying that I should use 20 ml of oil?

Original Poster

help please anyone

dean3988;2475156

how do i blead it tip the moto upside down or unplug the tube to the … how do i blead it tip the moto upside down or unplug the tube to the engine

Take the tank off is easiest, and drain it completely. Draining it by just unplugging the fuel pipe generally takes ages

dean3988;2475164

also Im gonna use a liter to start over again am i correct saying that I … also Im gonna use a liter to start over again am i correct saying that I should use 20 ml of oil?

yes mate 20ml of oil

Let me know how you get on

Deano did it work?

can you bump start it, i had a moto x bike that would not start only when i bumped it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G813
    2. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…57
    3. Has anyone truly cut the cord with their landline and gone to a 4G connecti…11
    4. Samsung S8+ Wireless Charger Recommendations614

See more discussions