Groups

Help with MMS on a PAYG mobile - sorted thanks

My son has just had a new mobile with Virgin & is unable to receive MMS, he just gets a SMS telling him to log onto the Virgin website to view it.

I have sent the MMS settings to his phone from Virgin's website but it's still not working, any help appreciated

10 Comments

What phone is it? It may be worth getting Virgin to talk it through over the phone, it will cost 10p.

Call 789

supermod

Have you added credit to it yet ? Normally once you add credit you can send an MMS to yourself & that activates it. If not give Virgin a call & they can send you a text to activate it, but again it need a credit on the phone first. I had a free virgin PAYG sim a few months ago & can't remember which one I needed to do for that provider but one of them will work

Send a MMS to the phone!! As tell him to send one to himself!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

It's a Samsung J700 - I have already had the settings sent via Virgins website to no avail, thought it may have something to do with it being PAYG, think I will have to call them.
    Thanks to both of you

Original Poster

sigma;3171756

Have you added credit to it yet ? Normally once you add credit you can … Have you added credit to it yet ? Normally once you add credit you can send an MMS to yourself & that activates it. If not give Virgin a call & they can send you a text to activate it, but again it need a credit on the phone first. I had a free virgin PAYG sim a few months ago & can't remember which one I needed to do for that provider but one of them will work

Yep added £5 for him & he has already recieved 3 MMS but only got the SMS referring him to the website.

Original Poster

Naeem786;3171760

Send a MMS to the phone!! As tell him to send one to himself!! :thumbsup:

Does he have to send one before he will receive them?

lyzzys321;3171766

It's a Samsung J700 - I have already had the settings sent via Virgins … It's a Samsung J700 - I have already had the settings sent via Virgins website to no avail, thought it may have something to do with it being PAYG, think I will have to call them.Thanks to both of you

It's nothing to do with PAYG.

Two days ago I tried with my two phones(Both on Virgin PAYG), one did it immediately, the other wouldn't accept the settings.

lyzzys321;3171779

Send it to him self as the same phone!! Thats what they told me to do!! :thumbsup:

supermod

lyzzys321;3171779

Yes. Just pick a pre-installed pic on his own phone & send it to himself. If that doesn't work then it's the existing MMS setting on his phone which Virgin can update by text. My sons got a Samsung j700, but on t-mobile, & for that phone/provider i had to put a credit on phone & send a text back to same number. A sony walkman phone needed a text from provider to update phone settings. Virgin will tell you straight away what's required after taking phone details.

Sorry if info duplicated - slow typist & many replies :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Naeem786;3171787

Send it to him self as the same phone!! Thats what they told me to do!! … Send it to him self as the same phone!! Thats what they told me to do!! :thumbsup:

You're a star thank you, have just got him to send himself one & it's coming up on his phone, thanks again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????23
      2. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      3. Good Sim only deals??611
      4. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1424

See more discussions