Help with mobile phone insurance

So I lost my phone last week, and the CPW insurance have agreed to offer a replacement.
Only thing is, they don't have the phone (HTC Touch HD) in stock. Neither do any of the Carphone Warehouse stores.
They have offered me an Omnia, or Touch Diamond 2. Neither I feel are as good as the HD.

Also, unless I get the replacement phone, it will cost me £15 for a replacement sim.
Is there anything I can do?

15 Comments

Banned

See what they can offer you if you put some cash towards it, my friend just got a Nokia N96 for just £25 extra

Banned

can they not get you one via the service provider your contract was with

Original Poster

sassie;5239071

can they not get you one via the service provider your contract was with

Nope, it's with o2 cpw. They say any lost sims = £15 :x

Original Poster

sculpturatus;5239059

See what they can offer you if you put some cash towards it, my friend … See what they can offer you if you put some cash towards it, my friend just got a Nokia N96 for just £25 extra

The HD is the best phone they sell as far as I am aware :?

Banned

could you not find it elswhere and they pay, sorry not sure how these things work

Original Poster

sassie;5239119

could you not find it elswhere and they pay, sorry not sure how these … could you not find it elswhere and they pay, sorry not sure how these things work

Nope, they can only do it through CPW. It's so annoying, especially as I am paying £11.99pm!

Banned

So with insurance if you 'lose' your phone they will just give you a new phone?

Original Poster

davedave3;5240703

So with insurance if you 'lose' your phone they will just give you a new … So with insurance if you 'lose' your phone they will just give you a new phone?

Yep, depending on what insurance you take out. As I took out the most expensive one (£11.99), this is included.

But, its very annoying being without a phone, waiting on them to receive stock. Another company i'm sure would give vouchers / find stock from other sources.

Banned

So what stops someone saying they lost their phone, just to get another one? If they lock it, get it unlocked. Anyone can take out insurance of whatever amount, a month later......oops phone lost, new one please, then cancel insurance. This sounds too easy.

Original Poster

Any suggestions what I do?

Banned

davedave3;5242031

So what stops someone saying they lost their phone, just to get another … So what stops someone saying they lost their phone, just to get another one? If they lock it, get it unlocked. Anyone can take out insurance of whatever amount, a month later......oops phone lost, new one please, then cancel insurance. This sounds too easy.

thats what insurance is for, same as household insurance etc,etc

Banned

op there aint really alot you can do, if they wont let you have cash to buy elswhere then you going to have to choose a new phone, have you enquired at other cpw stores to see if they have stock, your local maybe saying theyve looked when they havent

Original Poster

sassie;5246000

op there aint really alot you can do, if they wont let you have cash to … op there aint really alot you can do, if they wont let you have cash to buy elswhere then you going to have to choose a new phone, have you enquired at other cpw stores to see if they have stock, your local maybe saying theyve looked when they havent

Yeah thought so :x
Called the sales line, and they don't have any, and went into my local cpw - same.
Yeah if there was a better phone, i'm sure they would offer it. BUT, they don't. I really don't want to accept an inferior phone?

Banned

then i would refuse, and demand the phone you want or the price to buy a new one elswhere, what does it say in the t&c of the policy

I have a brand new (2 week old) HTC HD which i'd be more than happy to swap for the Diamond 2 if you decided to take CPW on their offer?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    4. GOT Leaks again614

See more discussions