Groups

Help with multimedia player

Ok so got the Emprex ME1.Its the same as this only an updated model.
    mplex.com/cat…tml

Anyhoo.The problem I have is that I know it can take an external hdd in nfts format but it wont recognise my maxtor 500gb hdd.I have spent nearly 3 hours searching the internet looking for a solution and couldn't find 1 person with the same problem.I don't want to have to buy an internal hdd.Does anyone know how I can get this working?

14 Comments

silly question but is your hdd formated in nfts?

Are you 100% certain that it takes NTFS ?

Original Poster

Yes i checked this out before i bought it.It will take nfts as external hdd.I formatted a usb stick in ntfs and put a movie on it and it plays.

its FAT32 only see spec: ]http//ww…10
    for internal 3.5 drive not sure on external specs

Original Poster

mudds;5139226

silly question but is your hdd formated in nfts?

Yes its formatted in nfts and dosen't give me the option to change it

Original Poster

It has to be fat32 for internal hdd but can take nfts external

found this on ]http//ww…AD} are you using this drive as a USB devise? Maybe its drawing too much current?

iis it a 3.5" or 2.5" drive ?

Original Poster

mudds;5139371

found this on … found this on ]http://www.emprex.com/03_support_01.php?group=78&kind={PG_DOWNLOAD}#1 are you using this drive as a USB devise? Maybe its drawing too much current?

Yeah using it as usb devise but it as its own power supply.Would this cause a problem?

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5139424

iis it a 3.5" or 2.5" drive ?

Its a 3.5" hdd

LoozR;5139520

Yeah using it as usb devise but it as its own power supply.Would this … Yeah using it as usb devise but it as its own power supply.Would this cause a problem?

It maybe an issue its difficult to tell from the info they provide and without seeing the drive in action, would suggest this maybe possible issue. Could you borrow a mates external drive formatted in nfts to check? Is it an internal 3.5 drive fitted into an enclosure then?

You have retried the drive on your pc to make sure it is not dead ?

Original Poster

mudds;5139570

It maybe an issue its difficult to tell from the info they provide and … It maybe an issue its difficult to tell from the info they provide and without seeing the drive in action, would suggest this maybe possible issue. Could you borrow a mates external drive formatted in nfts to check? Is it an internal 3.5 drive fitted into an enclosure then?

its not internal i just hooked it up at the back through usb.thats what the manual said to do.in the menu screen it will recognise the usb stick in nfts format but not the external hdd.I talked to a tech from mplex over the phone before i bought it and he said it would work.In fact I was looking a cheaper player but he recommended this one for the external hard drive.I also double checked instore before I bought it and the guy there said it would work too.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5139695

You have retried the drive on your pc to make sure it is not dead ?

Yeah I have it hooked up now and its fine!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​47
      2. word association Game72744173
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1424
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764355

See more discussions