Groups

help with my dads iphone 3G, keeps connecting to neighbours unsecured wireless

as per the title really, my dads iphone 3G keeps connecting to a neighbours really weak unsecrued wireless network and subsequently the connection is so bad he cant open anything, he just want to use our home one or 3G but the iphone seems to wander over to this every now and then and spoil his browsing

can i disable just this network from his wifi, im not exactly iphone experienced though im meant to be the techy one

4 Comments

click on settings, wi-fi, find the hotspot name and then click it, click forget this network or whatever option is at the top (depends on what ios you have)

Settings...
    Wifi
    Make sure that you can at least view your neighbours network - select it and then select 'Forget This network'

Edit - beat me to it milesy
    Edited by: "meandog101" 7th Apr 2011

He must of click connect on it at some point when viewing the wireless networks, the advice above will stop it connecting to that network, then you are free to connect to your home network.

Original Poster

aye he probs did click it knowing him, aparently it might be some leeds based wireless network and not a neighbours but annoying al lthe same, cheers for the help, thanks all round
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD34
      2. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?22
      3. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door77
      4. Oculus Desktop - new or used22

See more discussions