Groups

Help with my dying palm plant?

Ok, firstly let me say I kill every plant I ever own, I have no clue what I'm doing with them and they all inevitably die on me... lol having said that, can any one help me with this palm type plant thing I have, as I like it! lol

In the last month or so the leaves have gone all brown, I presume it's dying but thought I would ask you smarties if there's anything I can do to rescue it? I suspect it needs a bigger pot, but I think there is more going on than that?

Pik in first post, thanks in advance

Chips xxxx

11 Comments

Original Poster

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q306/LoonaMafoona/ABCD0006.jpg

oh dear, doesnt look like you have much chance left with this one. Do the leaves feel dry and crunchy to touch? It looks like it needed watering a while ago sweetie.

some of these palm tree things flower lil white yellow flowers ony once and then die could be one of them maybe ?

singer

Original Poster

It has been getting watered, a while ago I noticed it was getting water logged in all the rain, so I made some more holes at the bottom to let it drain better. When I did this I dragged it to the patio, but I've just read that palm's hate being moved, oops. not sure if that's affected it too.

Does feel dry to touch.

Put it in a bigger pot water it well and prayer LOL

isnt that a cordyline plant chips??

was it dark red when you bought it?? as these come in green and red

bottom leaves tend to die off anyway - repot into a bigger pot - you can even put in ground -

Original Poster

holly100;5306717

isnt that a cordyline plant chips??was it dark red when you bought it?? … isnt that a cordyline plant chips??was it dark red when you bought it?? as these come in green and redbottom leaves tend to die off anyway - repot into a bigger pot - you can even put in ground -

have no idea what it's proper name is, but yes, it was a really lovely red when we bought it.

Sounds like I need to find a bigger pot, although I will say, the picture angle I've taken does make the pot look really small, but it isn't that bad.

ChipSticks;5306755

have no idea what it's proper name is, but yes, it was a really lovely … have no idea what it's proper name is, but yes, it was a really lovely red when we bought it.Sounds like I need to find a bigger pot, although I will say, the picture angle I've taken does make the pot look really small, but it isn't that bad.

it is a cordyline - just repot and water - initially - cover soil with stones - you dont need to water regular - maybe once a week - dont drown it:-D

doesnt need too much looking after and as i said - bottom leaves die off anyway

got one that is 7 -8 yrs now - started off a 2ft one in pot - now nearly 10ft tall!! -

grew some from seed as well - :thumbsup:

ClarityofMind;5306620

oh dear, doesnt look like you have much chance left with this one. Do the … oh dear, doesnt look like you have much chance left with this one. Do the leaves feel dry and crunchy to touch? It looks like it needed watering a while ago sweetie.

Is this a new definition of 'a while ago'. LOL :w00t:

WoolyM;5306911

Is this a new definition of 'a while ago'. LOL :w00t:

lol, no no OP says its been watered. I think just by looking all those faded brown leaves have had it. The centre ones that are still slightly red though may be alright.

If OP can save that plant she'll be green fingered indeed

Best bet is to put in new pot break off all the lower dead leaves and to speak to it nicely lol

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5306933

lol, no no OP says its been watered. I think just by looking all those … lol, no no OP says its been watered. I think just by looking all those faded brown leaves have had it. The centre ones that are still slightly red though may be alright. If OP can save that plant she'll be green fingered indeed :)Best bet is to put in new pot break off all the lower dead leaves and to speak to it nicely lol

If I save this plant it'll be a miracle, I think it will take more than a bit of sweet talking! lol

Gonna get a new pot for it and hope for the best, thanks for your help guys. Repfest imminent!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764309
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism11
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63219
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions