Groups
    EXPIRED

help with my laptop please

Hi i just reinstalled vista on my laptop and now it wont detect my router,i have a Compaq Presario C700 and in device manager its show a ! ETHERNET CONTROLLER and !unknown device,ive installed all the software i could see on the compaq website but still no luck,just wondering if im missing somthing sill lol

thanks

13 Comments

Banned

drivers missing?

get a driver scanner like uniblue and try that

Yeah you need the driver so that the computer recognises the hardware.
    What model and operating system you using I can help you find the driver

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]The HP website is showing multiple models associated with that series - the link below lists them all for you to check out (you need the exact model number).

[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Compaq Presario C700 Notebook PC Series[/FONT]

[/SIZE] [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]h20180.www2.hp.com/app…om&

Hope that helps you out and if you need a hand just shout.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

Blocparty12;6070991

Yeah you need the driver so that the computer recognises the … Yeah you need the driver so that the computer recognises the hardware.What model and operating system you using I can help you find the driver

hi im using vista 32 bit and the model is Compaq Presario C700

i even installed the drivers for there website and still no good

Did you try this one:
    ]http//h2…0-1

By the way heres a list of all the drivers avaliable for your computer in case you need any:
    ]http//h2…095

After you installed the driver did you restart the computer?

Original Poster

still not installing the driver its driving me mad lol,might have to install winxp and give that a try

strobez1977;6071268

still not installing the driver its driving me mad lol,might have to … still not installing the driver its driving me mad lol,might have to install winxp and give that a try

[FONT=Verdana]Go back to my post and confirm the exact laptop model as there multiple C700 models on the go according to HP's website - what error are you seeing when you run the driver installer on your laptop?

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Original Poster

Scotty Boy;6071314

[FONT=Verdana]Go back to my post and confirm the exact laptop model as … [FONT=Verdana]Go back to my post and confirm the exact laptop model as there multiple C700 models on the go according to HP's website - what error are you seeing when you run the driver installer on your laptop?Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

hi its the c740 em,ive installed all the drivers from the site but in device manager its still showing a no ethernet controller drivers installed

strobez1977;6071425

hi its the c740 em,ive installed all the drivers from the site but in … hi its the c740 em,ive installed all the drivers from the site but in device manager its still showing a no ethernet controller drivers installed

[FONT=Verdana]So if you use this Realtex device driver, via the administrator account, from it's installer do you get any error messages showing up at all?

h10025.www1.hp.com/ewf…71&

Is there anything showing within the event logs on your laptop?

Have you installed the chipset drivers? I've had to in the past.

[FONT=Verdana]Just got message confirmation that's not the ethernet card that's the problem but it's actually the wireless card instead - via the following link it's showing three different type of wireless card models are present, so please can you confirm which one you've used.

h10025.www1.hp.com/ewf…us&

In addition to that is the wireless card enabled via the keyboard shortcuts for it or the manual button on the laptop.

Original Poster

Scotty Boy;6071808

[FONT=Verdana]Just got message confirmation that's not the ethernet card … [FONT=Verdana]Just got message confirmation that's not the ethernet card that's the problem but it's actually the wireless card instead - via the following link it's showing three different type of wireless card models are present, so please can you confirm which one you've used.http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3658171In addition to that is the wireless card enabled via the keyboard shortcuts for it or the manual button on the laptop.Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

thanks for ya help m8,rep left for u

Banned

Thread closed, thanks for letting us know.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
    3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
    4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions