Groups

Help with my mums bt homehub

we connected it up and set up the bt homehub, when we try and go wireless it lets us go on for a while then cuts us off, it seems to take about 5 minutes to load up a page to. I think its 54mbps. Does anyone know what we are doing wrong?

3 Comments

Try changing the channel the hub is working on. Log into the hob via 192.168.1.254 and goto advanced and wireless (something like that).

Yeah, sounds like the channel is a bit busy, as Paddy says go into your settings page and change the channel selection. It'll probably be set to 'automatic' so just click on the drop-down menu and change it to a channel number, click 'apply' and see if that sorts the problem. If not then try another channel number and keep doing that until you get a clearer channel to use.

Try this page for some good explanations:

frequencycast.co.uk/hom…tml

"There's a chance that another device in your home (such as an AV sender for transmitting video to another telly) could be clashing with the standard BT Home Hub wi-fi channel. There are 13 wi-fi channels available. Perhaps change the default channel. (Advanced > Wireless > Configure > "Channel Selection:" ) "

"By default, the BT Home Hub comes with Channel 1 enabled on the automatic session. Many have found this setting causes repeated drop outs. Apparently, the BT help desk actually recommend you use channel 9-11 for best connectivity using the manual setting."

Original Poster

bjmcghee;1632276

Yeah, sounds like the channel is a bit busy, as Paddy says go into your … Yeah, sounds like the channel is a bit busy, as Paddy says go into your settings page and change the channel selection. It'll probably be set to 'automatic' so just click on the drop-down menu and change it to a channel number, click 'apply' and see if that sorts the problem. If not then try another channel number and keep doing that until you get a clearer channel to use.Try this page for some good explanations:http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/homehub.html"There's a chance that another device in your home (such as an AV sender for transmitting video to another telly) could be clashing with the standard BT Home Hub wi-fi channel. There are 13 wi-fi channels available. Perhaps change the default channel. (Advanced > Wireless > Configure > "Channel Selection:" ) ""By default, the BT Home Hub comes with Channel 1 enabled on the automatic session. Many have found this setting causes repeated drop outs. Apparently, the BT help desk actually recommend you use channel 9-11 for best connectivity using the manual setting."

I will be seeing my mum later so will try this thanks for your help rep left for both of you I will update this thread later
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?37
      2. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?1318
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay22
      4. Recommendations for decent/cheap noise cancelling earphones please22

See more discussions