Groups

Help with my samsung lcd and dead pixels

Hi i have a 2 year old samsung 37" lcd tv and just noticed there must be about 10 stuck/dead pixels!!there black ones,i know the warrenty would of run out but this is still bad,would it be worth me contacting samsung?i could live with a few pixels but 10 is a joke

thanks

13 Comments

Contact them and ask them.

Next time buy a plasma :lol:

moob;5678360

Contact them and ask them.Next time buy a plasma :lol:

Plasma isn't free from suffering with pixel defects.

I had a Sony Plasma that suffered (within warranty luckily).

You can still go back as you are covered for at least two years and ten pixels gone is unacceptable....
    Maybe someone can give you a link to the recent post and your rights under EU law. It says that you are covered if the item can reaqsobly be expected to last longer than when the fault has developed and two years for a TV would not be..

Browni;5678380

Plasma isn't free from suffering with pixel defects.I had a Sony Plasma … Plasma isn't free from suffering with pixel defects.I had a Sony Plasma that suffered (within warranty luckily).

Perhaps not, but there's no such thing as a deal pixel on a plasma.

Original Poster

mosskeeto;5678409

You can still go back as you are covered for at least two years and ten … You can still go back as you are covered for at least two years and ten pixels gone is unacceptable....Maybe someone can give you a link to the recent post and your rights under EU law. It says that you are covered if the item can reaqsobly be expected to last longer than when the fault has developed and two years for a TV would not be..

yeh is realy bad,my misses counted more than 10

should i contact samsung directly?

strobez1977;5678478

yeh is realy bad,my misses counted more than 10 :(should i contact … yeh is realy bad,my misses counted more than 10 :(should i contact samsung directly?

Your contract is with the seller so they should manage your problem, I would not be fobbed of with instructions of who to contact. Just explain that you purchased a TV to last longer than two years and you want them to sort it..:thumbsup:

I've never used one, but I've heard of programs that can bring the pixels back from the dead. They work by flashing the screen (all pixels) very fast and can sometimes get them working again!? I've heard of them for PCs, but I guess you could connect a computer/laptop to the lcd/plasma?

Just do a search for fix dead pixels.

In fact - check out jscreenfix.com/del…php (like i said though I've never used it - but someone on here may have?)

Original Poster

mosskeeto;5678508

Your contract is with the seller so they should manage your problem, I … Your contract is with the seller so they should manage your problem, I would not be fobbed of with instructions of who to contact. Just explain that you purchased a TV to last longer than two years and you want them to sort it..:thumbsup:

i got it with currys so i cant expect them to help me

moob;5678411

Perhaps not, but there's no such thing as a deal pixel on a plasma.

That's not really the point. Dead pixel or defective pixel, still means a replacement panel...

strobez1977;5678543

i got it with currys so i cant expect them to help me

Yes you can, just tell them you know your rights and you want it sorting.... you probably will have more chance with Currys than a small firm that has low profits margins and less turnover.

Banned

currys are known for replacing dead pixel lcd screens....as long as you have your receipt should be fine

mosskeeto;5678631

Yes you can, just tell them you know your rights and you want it … Yes you can, just tell them you know your rights and you want it sorting.... you probably will have more chance with Currys than a small firm that has low profits margins and less turnover.

This is true.

Try the 6 Year Rule...

motorcaravanning.com/veh…htm

Yip as above, you have to prove that the product was faulty at manufacture so not sure how it works in practice, was mentioned on "the one show" last week and covers all electrical products

There is meant to be several deal pixels within a 2p size of area for them to consider it faulty

There is also the massage technique, press gently with a suitable cloth (Samsung did provide one with my TV) and using small circular motions they may come back to life, this did work for me as I have a dead pixel straight out the box (almost cried)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions