Groups

Help with my shower!?!

Hi all,
    just moved into a new house, rented, and the shower is RUBBISH!!!
    its impossible for me to washmy hair in it would take forever,
    apart from putting in a new shower is there anything I can do? I thought there might be some sort of shower head that builds up pressure??
    any help much appreciated!!!
    thanx

11 Comments

You need a power shower.

You need to give details.

This thread is useless without them.

short of installing a powershower have you looked to see if you can twist the head it? my old old one was like that and you could twist it to regulate the power, or if your desperate maybe buy a new head with fewer holes in the hope it blasts a bit better

I've had the same problem of low pressure. You can get a device from B&Q to build up the pressure but it is expenisve and isn't just a simple case of a new shower head. To tell you the truth it would be better and cheaper in the long run just putting a new power shower in.

Original Poster

details? like what?

Just out of interest, what would it cost to install a 'power' shower, roughly?

details like. have you got a combi and is your shower running off that. Or is it an electric shower off the mains pressure. What is the tap pressure like from the bath taps?

Original Poster

i'll have to check tomorrow, little one is in bed now
    looks like i'll have to get power shower, maybe i'll ask the landlord to go halves!!

in the meantime have you tried the sink?
    http://www.dezona.com/news_images/IMG-3266.jpg
    [IMG]pro.corbis.com/ima…jpg?size=67&uid={21582413-9afd-4785-9786-43a5c9c2d7f6}[/IMG]
    use a strain to catch the hairs

Original Poster

tdogg;4848069

details like. have you got a combi and is your shower running off that. … details like. have you got a combi and is your shower running off that. Or is it an electric shower off the mains pressure. What is the tap pressure like from the bath taps?

its a combi bolier and the pressure in the taps is really good.

HELP!!

if your tap pressure is good off the combi, the easiest thing to do is fit some mixer taps with a shower off them. thermostatic are best as pictured.
    http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/1c/43/aa60_2.JPG

£50ish off ebay
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.513
      2. One for the mathmeticians2539
      3. Cat Chat77744
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047177

See more discussions