Groups

help with my sim card please

ok

just got my vodafone simcard, put it in my phone but it wont let me call any of the numbers in the booklet (top up and that find out your number thing' because it says 'unregisterd sim' and when i try to ring it says emergency calls only

then im trying to top up online but i have to enter my mobile number but i dont know it because it wont let me ring to find out.

is there any way? lol very confused

14 Comments

I think it means that your phone is locked to another network and you cant use vodafone unless you unlock it

yo gabba gabba!!!

Think you're right!

Original Poster

no the phones locked to vodafone, took me ages to get this simcard!!

because its an old contract fone thats never been used from vodafone and im trying to set it up for my mum

Have you tried ringing Vodafone and asking them to activate it??

It could be the phone was locked to the contract sim, as its old i dont know.

Does the sim work in other phones? Maybe the sim's not activated yet?

Original Poster

no i havent

do you think i will need to? at the bottom of the screen it says 'unregistered sim' and i cant ring any of the vodafone numbers

Original Poster

Benjimoron;1674785

Does the sim work in other phones? Maybe the sim's not activated yet?

not sure, how do i activate the sim? i thought i could top up and then try ringing the numbers?

Just give Vodafone a ring from another phone and explain the situation they might be able to help.

How old is the sim? Ive had them before thats been sat in a drawer that long its expired, they de-register them after a while if not activated so as they can recycle the numbers!

Original Poster

i dont know, shanecr kindly gave it to me

deadduck_145;1674829

i dont know, shanecr kindly gave it to me

yeah, was a new sealed sim, not sure how long ive had it tho.

Original Poster

they expire?

deadduck_145;1674923

they expire?

i thought only o2 ones expired

shanecr;1674938

i thought only o2 ones expired

02 are the only ones to show an expiry date, with most networks the number is already pre-allocated to the sim so if the sim remains un-activated for so long (not sure about the time-scale) the sim is de-activated on their system in order for the number to be recycled (otherwise with all the unused sims lying in drawers - ive just binned 40 plus last week-there would be a shortage of numbers), The only network I know of that doesnt pre-allocate numbers is Orange as they are allocated upon registration!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      3. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324

See more discussions