Groups

help with my sky+box

hi was watchin a recording earlier and the box made a sound and turnt off wouldn come on for bout 20 mins. After it finally came on it says a sky+ error has occured press select to restart or continue without it, so i pressed select and it switched itself off again and when it finally came back on same thing no sky plus. Did this once more but again no sky plus any suggestions?? or anyone got the sky number pref the cheap number cheers rep will be left

28 Comments

what make is it? is it HD or regular sky plus?

Have you tried turning it off at the socket for a couple of minutes then turning it back on?

Original Poster

maffster;7097624

what make is it? is it HD or regular sky plus?

regular

Original Poster

jeany123;7097649

Have you tried turning it off at the socket for a couple of minutes then … Have you tried turning it off at the socket for a couple of minutes then turning it back on?

yep left it off for 15 mins but still the same :cry:

I had an amstrad sky plus box that kept randomly switching off, it was the power supply. another issue is heat a lot of the time, how hot is it getting?

sounds like a hard drive fault
    you could try fitting another if you have a spare pc one

Original Poster

jeany123;7097746

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

cheers ill give them a call in a bit if i dont find a solution on here rep left

Original Poster

wolf359;7097802

sounds like a hard drive faultyou could try fitting another if you have a … sounds like a hard drive faultyou could try fitting another if you have a spare pc one

nope thats not gonna happen cheers anyway

Original Poster

i know when this happened to me last year however the box wouldn switched back on at all then someone told me to do the back up but cant remember what to do now

bellows;7097848

i know when this happened to me last year however the box wouldn switched … i know when this happened to me last year however the box wouldn switched back on at all then someone told me to do the back up but cant remember what to do now

Switch off power, Then Hold Back up whilst switching it back on.

It'll reset and hopefully cure the problem.

Try downloading the software again this can help sometimes, also do a planner rebuild

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7098159

You can do a full reset but you will lose all … You can do a full reset but you will lose all recordings,http://noods.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/how-to-reset-your-sky-box/

dont wanna do that got too much saved

You dont need to do a full reset, just do a software download and a planner rebuild you will not loose recordings

Switch off power at mains, hold down backup button on the box, plug back in, keep holding button about 30 seconds later a message will appear on screen and it will download the latest software

Original Poster

deanos;7098273

You dont need to do a full reset, just do a software download and a … You dont need to do a full reset, just do a software download and a planner rebuild you will not loose recordingsSwitch off power at mains, hold down backup button on the box, plug back in, keep holding button about 30 seconds later a message will appear on screen and it will download the latest software

just doing that lets hope it works :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed m8

Original Poster

not looking great takin its time to come back on

Original Poster

still wont turn on

Original Poster

okay back on now but still no sky plus what next??

Is the hard drive spinning ?

tonyg1962;7098159

You can do a full reset but you will lose all … You can do a full reset but you will lose all recordings,http://noods.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/how-to-reset-your-sky-box/

bellows;7098167

dont wanna do that got too much saved

this exact problem happened to me last week and unfortunately what tony has suggested is what I had to do...............was gutted as had recordings of my son on tv but it got sorted straight away when I done that

Did you do a planner rebuild ?

A full reset is last resort, i would leave it unplugged from the mains overnight if still no joy in the morning then sounds like a full reset will have to be done.

Original Poster

deanos;7099543

Is the hard drive spinning ?

:? its making the usual noises

Original Poster

deanos;7099652

Did you do a planner rebuild ?A full reset is last resort, i would leave … Did you do a planner rebuild ?A full reset is last resort, i would leave it unplugged from the mains overnight if still no joy in the morning then sounds like a full reset will have to be done.

how do i do rebuild?

Original Poster

bossyboots;7099570

this exact problem happened to me last week and unfortunately what tony … this exact problem happened to me last week and unfortunately what tony has suggested is what I had to do...............was gutted as had recordings of my son on tv but it got sorted straight away when I done that

if i have to lose everything then i plan to cancel my sky and just get a freeview recorder but thanx anyways

bellows;7099672

how do i do rebuild?

1. Press services on your Sky+ remote control, then select System Setup.
    2. Press (number) 0, then 1, then select to access the Installer Menu.
    3. Highlight Sky+ Planner Rebuild and press select.

May be more help here>
    sky.com/por…310

Original Poster

had to do a complete restart so lost everything now i have cancelled sky but thanx everyone for tryin to help rep left
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941343
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      3. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343

See more discussions