Groups

Help with new bathroom colours please xx (pic below)

Just had my bathroom done but I'm really struggling with a colour for the towels. I was planning on 2 different types of beige/brown but then someone said it might look a bit dowdy! Now I'm not sure. Do u think it will look dowdy?? 'NEXT' said that plum's a nice colour with beige (marble effect) but I'm not so sure! Any help appreciated xx

20 Comments

Original Poster

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/hannah19790/P5041241.jpg

Not sure if this shows pattern better or not
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/hannah19790/P5041242.jpg

Banned

yes, plum would like nice, i dont really like browns in the bathroom

I have issue with brown towels, not my choice tbh imo, could've used coloured grout on the tiles though.

orange

Original Poster

sassie;8523588

yes, plum would like nice, i dont really like browns in the bathroom

Was thinking more of dark beige/taupe and cream rather than brown really????
    Alfonse;8523597

I have issue with brown towels, not my choice tbh imo, could've used … I have issue with brown towels, not my choice tbh imo, could've used coloured grout on the tiles though.

Coloured grout?? wot like red or green?:? lol

Banned

i would go cream either, you could do with something a bit vibrant

hannah19790;8523614

Was thinking more of dark beige/taupe and cream rather than brown … Was thinking more of dark beige/taupe and cream rather than brown really????Coloured grout?? wot like red or green?:? lol

nah you can get grout to match the tile colour, that is all

Hi hannah,I`m just doing my bathroom with the simlar colour tiles. lol I was thinking of cream and black towels but looking forward to any ideas that come in to your thread.:-D

Original Poster

kingmonkey69;8523607

orange

The only thing with that is I have a white downstairs loo and have orange/rust as my colour in there....wanted something different ideally. Have red in other bathroom so didn't want that really and had purple in this bathroom originally.

I'm being a pain really, perhaps someone could create a new colour just for me:-D lol

my friend has the same tiles in her bathroom and has gone for alternate orange and brown towels, its lovely :thumbsup:

EDIT: just seen the above post regarding orange, why dont you take the orange fom there and replace downstairs with plum as plum and white would be nice :-)

a few of these would suit, i do like the Paul Smith stripes;

google.co.uk/pro…wAA

Original Poster

sassie;8523618

i would go cream either, you could do with something a bit vibrant

Yh, that's wot my mum said, arrrgggghhhhh:thinking:

Alfonse;8523622

nah you can get grout to match the tile colour, that is all

lol oh right, yh had thought that at the time but decided I liked the contrast really:thumbsup:

rosie2008;8523624

Hi hannah,I`m just doing my bathroom with the simlar colour tiles. lol I … Hi hannah,I`m just doing my bathroom with the simlar colour tiles. lol I was thinking of cream and black towels but looking forward to any ideas that come in to your thread.:-D

I did wonder about silver/grey actually perhaps with black ....just not sure tho:thinking:

http://allthingsmundane.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/buttface.jpg

Available in assorted colours :thumbsup:

We've got beige walls with plum towels in our master bathroom and it looks nice. ( I say we, the wife chose everything and i did all the graft!) Theres also hints of plum in the blind and light fitting.

hannah19790;8523670

Yh, that's wot my mum said, arrrgggghhhhh:thinking:lol oh right, yh had … Yh, that's wot my mum said, arrrgggghhhhh:thinking:lol oh right, yh had thought that at the time but decided I liked the contrast really:thumbsup:I did wonder about silver/grey actually perhaps with black ....just not sure tho:thinking:

mmm. not sure about the grey. I bought some grey a while ago and as soon as I got them home i went right off them:? Dont think it would look good with the beige. Mind you I`m hard to please lol

Original Poster

Kerz67;8523640

my friend has the same tiles in her bathroom and has gone for alternate … my friend has the same tiles in her bathroom and has gone for alternate orange and brown towels, its lovely :thumbsup:EDIT: just seen the above post regarding orange, why dont you take the orange fom there and replace downstairs with plum as plum and white would be nice :-)

Yh that's true, although I have vases and pictures and candles and that downstairs too....spose I could leave some out tho...something to think about, thanks hun:thumbsup:

Alfonse;8523667

a few of these would suit, i do like the Paul Smith … a few of these would suit, i do like the Paul Smith stripes;http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUK375&q=paul+smith+towel&lr=&safe=on&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=pDPgS7miOoL2-Aad-vywBw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQzAMwAA

Do u not think there a bit manly? and beachy??

no probs, happy to help :thumbsup:

Original Poster

transit;8523681

Available in assorted colours :thumbsup:

Perfect, think u got it woop woop:-D

Goonieman;8523689

We've got beige walls with plum towels in our master bathroom and it … We've got beige walls with plum towels in our master bathroom and it looks nice. ( I say we, the wife chose everything and i did all the graft!) Theres also hints of plum in the blind and light fitting.

Got a piccy??? :-D
    rosie2008;8523693

mmm. not sure about the grey. I bought some grey a while ago and as soon … mmm. not sure about the grey. I bought some grey a while ago and as soon as I got them home i went right off them:? Dont think it would look good with the beige. Mind you I`m hard to please lol

hmmm...u could be right, although there is some blacky grey patten in it too. Nah, think ur right, will rob annoy me.....humph!!

If you can't make your mind up, how about having 1 set in 1 lot of colours and another set in another pair of colours. That way your colour scheme will change everytime you wash the towels :thumbsup: Of course that won't work if you want matching accessories though.

Original Poster

Little Munchkin;8524032

If you can't make your mind up, how about having 1 set in 1 lot of … If you can't make your mind up, how about having 1 set in 1 lot of colours and another set in another pair of colours. That way your colour scheme will change everytime you wash the towels :thumbsup: Of course that won't work if you want matching accessories though.

lol, I like ur way of thinking!! I could even go for 3 colours :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844458
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?714
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value610
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767191

See more discussions