Groups

help with o2 mobile broadband

just installed my new dongle and was told i could use my mobile sim with it anyone got any ideas how to set this up?
    thanks

13 Comments

autorun software on pen let it install drivers etc and the connection manager then pray you have a signal.

the connection software generally is not that good but you might get lucky and changing dash/soft on means you will need to read up on google/forums etc.

Turn UAC off in Vista and Windows 7 whilst you install the drivers

broadbandchoices.co.uk/mob…tml

broadband.o2.co.uk/mob…jsp

Original Poster

done all that got a good signal but to connect it was the number of the sim and it recognises it as a mobile number not a braodband number

you need a 3g sim then should pick up phone number and set dialing properties up for you with right Sim in. Make sure you got it in the right way many people have installed the Sim into the pen wrong b4.

Saying that though you mentioned it picks up as phone so that aint it

service.o2.co.uk/IQ/…358

filesaveas.com/o2.…tml so only older style connections are possible btloi

Original Poster

my sim is just a pay and go sim don't think it is 3g that may be why. it doesn't pick it up as a phone i have to add the sim number to connect and it recognises it from that as a phone not broadband sim

It would seem that way

Original Poster

thanks anyway

@o2 shop the black e160 dongles were only £10 to buy think offer ends end Jan

Original Poster

the dongle works fine with the broadband sim just wanted to use my free internet access on my mobile sim on my laptop when i go away, i have asked the person who told me i could to explain some more

dmissy13;7693457

the dongle works fine with the broadband sim just wanted to use my free … the dongle works fine with the broadband sim just wanted to use my free internet access on my mobile sim on my laptop when i go away, i have asked the person who told me i could to explain some more

i meant you would get the sim to use hspda edit hsdpa

Original Poster

hspda?

dmissy13;7693951

hspda?

Yeah sorry typo: I meant hsdpa

Original Poster

still none the wiser lol

dmissy13;7696697

still none the wiser lol

fast mobile internet

wisegeek.com/wha…htm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7101342
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2368
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1826
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826369

See more discussions