Groups

Help with outlook

Im setting up a mini network for our office

we need a shared calander on outlook

problem is that it seems like we have two versions of the program installed on the various machines. One version allows you to see the calander option which is fine. However the other version has no option to view calander anywhere - cant seem to find it. Can anybody detail how to set up the calander option?

5 Comments

support.microsoft.com/kb/…824
    Above is the microsoft KB article concerning this.
    But I have also included the actual part that interests you, in case this comes up again on the forum.

Outlook
    Choose Outlook if: • You require advanced Internet standards-based e-mail and discussion group functionality.
    • You require integrated personal calendars, group scheduling, task, and contact management.

Hope that helps,

Shima

Original Poster

v2drinkers;2693381

I think the one without the calender option is outlook express and there … I think the one without the calender option is outlook express and there is no option for calender use in that.You need to install microsoft office outlook to get the version that includes the calender.If you want an easy shared calender you could always use one of the online ones such as yahoo.

thanks

we do have outlook express so that must be the problem

with the online ones is it a downloadable program or run via the net? is it accessible by 3rd parties?

Original Poster

shimagoza;2693414

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257824Above is the microsoft KB article … http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257824Above is the microsoft KB article concerning this.But I have also included the actual part that interests you, in case this comes up again on the forum.OutlookChoose Outlook if: • You require advanced Internet standards-based e-mail and discussion group functionality. • You require integrated personal calendars, group scheduling, task, and contact management. Hope that helps,Shima

thanks

I am no expert in this area, but I think to use shared calendars in Outlook you need to install Microsoft Exchange on a central server. You dont mention you have that.

If you just have Office and Outlook on each persons computer (but no Exchange installed) then I dont think you can share the calendars.

Exchange is Microsoft's e-mail and messaging server product.

Note that in Vista there IS a built in Calendar.

microsoft.com/win…spx

Also Outlook Express in Vista is now called Windows Mail.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33
      2. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30384
      3. PlayStation Hacked Again?44
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1217

See more discussions