Help with paper jam on hp office jet 7410 all in one

Found 17th Nov 2009
I was just hoping for a small miracle here. My hp scanner/printer has stopped working - it says

"carriage jam open door, clear carriage jam and the press ok to continue".

I cant find any paper stuck anywhere. I have checked each stage of the help page:

h10025.www1.hp.com/ewf…194

although I cant do a test as the thing is not printing and I still cannot get rid of the error message.

Is this now fit for the bin or can anyone techie suggest what is wrong with it? Has it for example got any well known faults?

Thank you.

1. Misc
  2. HP
  3. Office
13 Comments

Have you tried turning it off and back on again lol

Do any of ]these help

or ]this

Original Poster

deb8z;6916902

Have you tried turning it off and back on again lol

about 1000 times

try putting the jam on some toast

Just cos you cant see a paper jammed doesnt mean there isnt any jammed.

It says paper jam so check the rollers properly

J4GG4;6917045

Just cos you cant see a paper jammed doesnt mean there isnt any jammed.It … Just cos you cant see a paper jammed doesnt mean there isnt any jammed.It says paper jam so check the rollers properly

Not necessarily. It could be a faulty or broken paper sensor which would involve more investigation . . .

Original Poster

J4GG4;6917045

Just cos you cant see a paper jammed doesnt mean there isnt any jammed.It … Just cos you cant see a paper jammed doesnt mean there isnt any jammed.It says paper jam so check the rollers properly

defo no paper.

any idea what else to check - my husband says bin it and get a new one but I think it is too expensive not to try fixing first

Original Poster

tallpete33;6917339

Not necessarily. It could be a faulty or broken paper sensor which would … Not necessarily. It could be a faulty or broken paper sensor which would involve more investigation . . .

where are the paper sensors?

Not familiar with this model tbh but look inside the printer. they are usually little black plastic flags in the middle of the paper path. Check they are fixed on ok and swing freely. If you have a can of air duster, give them a blast as they are optical and it could just be dust thats causing them to fail.

You might need the printer looked at professionally though, it could be worth ringing around for quotes.

tallpete33;6917339

Not necessarily. It could be a faulty or broken paper sensor which would … Not necessarily. It could be a faulty or broken paper sensor which would involve more investigation . . .

Im stating the obvious first. Search for any paper jammed THEN try cleaning any sensors and rollers. THEN if all else fails then its a faulty parts/printer.

J4GG4;6918793

Im stating the obvious first. Search for any paper jammed THEN try … Im stating the obvious first. Search for any paper jammed THEN try cleaning any sensors and rollers. THEN if all else fails then its a faulty parts/printer.

OP said " I cant find any paper stuck anywhere"

Try this ]link to the HP website

Original Poster

Thank you but I have aready done all that as per my first post. Looks like it is for the big bin!

Mine said this when the paper feed was broken....

has it been noisy lately?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75857
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions