Found 27th Apr 2009
Today i took my 3 young kids to a play centre. When i was parking up it was pouring down. I saw what i thought was a 'kids' parking bay. It turned out to be a disabled bay. I came back to a car. I was slightly upset but i know im in the wrong. However, when i looked at the ticket the colour of my car wrong. Can i get out of this ticket? Does anyone know the legislation???

I just want to add, i know i was in the wrong but it was a genuine mistake. Unfortunately the powers that be dont accept this so i was hoping for opinions. I wasnt taking anything away or discriminating against disabled people.

1. Misc
  2. Ticket
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Ticket
100 Comments

Parking wardens round here take photos of the car as evidence.. and if it was raining so hard you mistook the bay for child parking the warden will say the same about the colour of your car

look at the back of your ticket it will tell you how to appeal. You should be able to get out of the fines because when you parked it was not visible to you. Also you have to submit evidence e.g. weather forecast? I advice you to write immediately to your local authority. In the mean time you can pay the fines whilst you hear from them. I don't know if the 50% off rules apply to your ticket within the 14days.

I had a ticket a while back that had a digit of my reg wrong (must have been in a rush to book me ha) I left it and nothing came of it :thumbsup: but its up to you really if you wanna risk it, good luck.

oh that sucks...sorry to hear that....id pay it and not fret about it

Parking in a disabled bay,,,Tut Tut,,,But shame on you,,,Its just a pity more ignorant inconsiderate drivers don't get fined,,,Sorry no sympathy from me,,,Lets hope you've learned a valuable lesson,,,Good role model for the children don't you think,,,

longbowassassin;5054547

Parking in a disabled bay,,,Tut Tut,,,But shame on you,,,Its just a pity … Parking in a disabled bay,,,Tut Tut,,,But shame on you,,,Its just a pity more ignorant inconsiderate drivers don't get fined,,,Sorry no sympathy from me,,,Lets hope you've learned a valuable lesson,,,Good role model for the children don't you think,,,

??? Not very helpful, are you?

tessb;5054563

No,,,Perhaps if you suffered a disability or a family member needed the Disabled parking bay then neither would you,,,I hope the fine is large myself,it might then discourage others from being selfish,,,You want to help the offender,,,Sounds about right,,,But what about the victim???Councils provide disabled parking bays for a reason,,,To help the less fortunate in society,,,

I am disabled and quite often can't use a disabled space because someone else is parked there, wrongly or rightly.

I don't consider disabled people victims, I think you have a problem with your attitude if you do, I certainly would never befriend anyone condescending enough to conisder me a victim to my illness.

The OP knows she made a mistake, she said as much and explained why, I suggest you get off your high hore and read again, she wasn't being selfish at all but accidentally parked in the wrong bay as her view was obscured by the heavy rain. It's people like you that make ideal traffic wardens.

tessb;5054760

I am disabled and quite often can't use a disabled space because someone … I am disabled and quite often can't use a disabled space because someone else is parked there, wrongly or rightly.I don't consider disabled people victims, I think you have a problem with your attitude if you do, I certainly would never befriend anyone condescending enough to conisder me a victim to my illness.The OP knows she made a mistake, she said as much and explained why, I suggest you get off your high hore and read again, she wasn't being selfish at all but accidentally parked in the wrong bay as her view was obscured by the heavy rain. It's people like you that make ideal traffic wardens.

Very well said.

@longbowassassin - ever felt really really small? :whistling:

@Markd - Sorry I can't help with ticket advice - I know how it stings to get a ticket when you thought you were parked correctly - best wishes. :thumbsup:

Banned

tessb;5054563

helpful as in he should be helping somebody con their way out of a fine they should be paying?

:thinking:

fraud

out of intrest what does a kids parking bay look like?

I heard somewhere that if you contes it 9 times out of 10 times they just wrie it off, resorces and all.
So for the price of a stamp and a few mins to write a letter, at the very least you will get a couple of weeks stay of excecution.
Good luck.

casparwhite;5054915

helpful as in he should be helping somebody con their way out of a fine … helpful as in he should be helping somebody con their way out of a fine they should be paying?:thinking:fraudout of intrest what does a kids parking bay look like?

Maybe she meant a parking bay designated for the kids play centre?:roll:

hibees;5055010

I heard somewhere that if you contes it 9 times out of 10 times they just … I heard somewhere that if you contes it 9 times out of 10 times they just wrie it off, resorces and all.So for the price of a stamp and a few mins to write a letter, at the very least you will get a couple of weeks stay of excecution.Good luck.

A myth - most will actually automatically reject every appeal they get out of hand to make you persist through to the adjudication stage where if you have something solid they'll fold.

The best advice given here is in the first post, there's plenty of people on the Pepipoo forum who have considerable expertise when dealing with PCN's - the best get out is likely to be a flaw in the PCN itself as I don't think mistaking the disabled bay for something else (which is understandable) will get them to cancel it. The error in the colour of the car is irrelevent anyway, the only time this might form part of an appeal is if you're claiming you were never there and the attendent has mixed it up with another car which hasn't happened.

I can't believe the condescending attitude some people have on here, the person admits they have made an error and is unlikely to do the same- I could appreciate the tone of the responses if the person had said they'd parked in a disabled bay because it was more convenient and now wanted to escape it but that's not what has happened. Advice was requested not judgement from people who apparently never make a mistake themselves.

John

casparwhite;5054915

fraudout of intrest what does a kids parking bay look like?

Fraud is an intentional deception which is not the case and doesn't apply to parking tickets anyway. Although I don't believe there's any legal definition of a kids parking bay for public roads, those used in private areas are usually a parent with pushchair which is not dissimilar to a disabled symbol.

John

Banned

Johnmcl7;5055289

Fraud is an intentional deception which is not the case and doesn't apply … Fraud is an intentional deception which is not the case and doesn't apply to parking tickets anyway. Although I don't believe there's any legal definition of a kids parking bay for public roads, those used in private areas are usually a parent with pushchair which is not dissimilar to a disabled symbol.John

t'was said tongue in cheek being just a parking ticket, but the point was that she is suggesting in the original post that she will say its not her car on the ticket, as it's a different colour. asking advice wether she should or should not attempt to get out of it!

in a different scenario this could bring serious criminal charges and i dont believe a public forum is the place for advising people to go down that route when they have already admitted they were in the wrong!

as for the parking bays , if a symbol resembles a disabled sign in any shape or form then it should be investigated and a thinly veiled attempt at claiming it was a chils parking bay is quite honestly ridiculous and would be pretty embarassing standing up in court trying to defend it!

also if it is in a private area as you suggest , they wouldnt be dishing out parking tickets in there would they?

pay the fine, end of!

You've completely misunderstood both what has been said and the implications - there are procedural requirements which if not followed can make a PCN invalid which is what the person is asking about. They're not claiming it's not their car, they're simply asking if it the incorrect colour on the PCN makes it invalid which is not the case.

You are not the judge here nor was the person asking for your ill-advised judgement, you know no more about the scenario than I do so stop trying to place blame on the person with no evidence at all. You were the one that didn't even know what a family symbol looked like on a parking bay so clearly you're in no position to be judging the similarity (although your position of ignorance with the legal system and parking in general doesn't seem to stop you anyway) - logically I'd have thought it was obvious that a symbol for a child in a buggy could could similar to the symbol of an adult in a wheelchair, there's nothing ridiculuous/embarassing about it.

Given the numerous mistakes you've made in this thread alone (after the failure of an informal appeal it goes to adjudication, not to court) you of all people should be more understanding when someone else makes a mistake.

John

Banned

Johnmcl7;5055462

You've completely misunderstood both what has been said and the … You've completely misunderstood both what has been said and the implications - there are procedural requirements which if not followed can make a PCN invalid which is what the person is asking about. They're not claiming it's not their car, they're simply asking if it the incorrect colour on the PCN makes it invalid which is not the case.You are not the judge here nor was the person asking for your ill-advised judgement, you know no more about the scenario than I do so stop trying to place blame on the person with no evidence at all. You were the one that didn't even know what a family symbol looked like on a parking bay so clearly you're in no position to be judging the similarity (although your position of ignorance with the legal system and parking in general doesn't seem to stop you anyway) - logically I'd have thought it was obvious that a symbol for a child in a buggy could could similar to the symbol of an adult in a wheelchair, there's nothing ridiculuous/embarassing about it.Given the numerous mistakes you've made in this thread alone (after the failure of an informal appeal it goes to adjudication, not to court) you of all people should be more understanding when someone else makes a mistake.John

cba read into my comments what you like but you dont get public parking tickets on private roads as far as i know

bottom line is pay the fine!

No the bottom line is ignore people like you who have no knowledge of the system at all and just want to impose their personal judgment who know nothing of the circumstances and instead take advice from people who actually know what they're talking about as on the forum linked to earlier. Given this is the person's only thread on the topic they're not a repeat offender nor is there any indication this was intentional and they plan on doing so again hence for those rather poorly trying to take the moral high ground the end result whether the fine is paid or not has littleto do with the disabled bay availability. If anything if this person does get out of it a future person trying to take advantage of any flaws in the PCN and deliberately parking in such a bay may have that door closed.

John

is there such thing as kids parking bays lol?

muffin247;5055559

At the Tescos in Southend there are.

Lol I can't believe some people are making a fight out of this, I would also try my luck OP sounds like a fair mistake and anyways from this OTT fine the roads won't get fixed, it won't pay for more disabled bays or anything to help motorists it's just pure greed imo.

longbowassassin;5054547

Parking in a disabled bay,,,Tut Tut,,,But shame on you,,,Its just a pity … Parking in a disabled bay,,,Tut Tut,,,But shame on you,,,Its just a pity more ignorant inconsiderate drivers don't get fined,,,Sorry no sympathy from me,,,Lets hope you've learned a valuable lesson,,,Good role model for the children don't you think,,,

plank

muffin247;5055559

chester123;5055654

At the Tescos in Southend there are.

Of course there are - they start driving young in Essex :thumbsup:

Banned

didnt realise you could get done for this, thought these desiganted parking areas where more of a consideration thing

Banned

Johnmcl7;5055490

No the bottom line is ignore people like you who have no knowledge of the … No the bottom line is ignore people like you who have no knowledge of the system at all and just want to impose their personal judgment who know nothing of the circumstances and instead take advice from people who actually know what they're talking about as on the forum linked to earlier. Given this is the person's only thread on the topic they're not a repeat offender nor is there any indication this was intentional and they plan on doing so again hence for those rather poorly trying to take the moral high ground the end result whether the fine is paid or not has littleto do with the disabled bay availability. If anything if this person does get out of it a future person trying to take advantage of any flaws in the PCN and deliberately parking in such a bay may have that door closed.John

i think youll find iif nshe was to contest this it would probably end up in a personal hearing and or possible cc, hence my comments earlier mate. you dont know anything about this person with a handful of posts on here and by the sound of it nothing about how our public roads are policed or enforced!

there is no such thing as a child parking bay and it certainly would look nothing like a disabled bay or there would be consequences throughout the country of people trying to get out of these pcn/fpn or whatever has been issued

i think youll find a child bay is a courtesy thing not enforcable by any means whatsoever, also not in the highway code in any form

flimsy excuse and chancing their luck.....like i said before if it looks like a disabled bay it should be investigated further. the excuse made would be laughed out of a personal hearing or a county court if it were to go that far

as for your stance on the matter it would appear you seem to think that this is a commonm mistake and would "fight" for these unknown people without knowing their circumstance other than they have broken the law and witheld a parking space from somebody who does need to use a disabled bay legally.....they are there for a reason!!!

BOTTOM LINE IS PAY THE FINE.....SIMPLE

they chanced parking in a restricted bay and got caught, unlucky!!!

take it on the chin and learn from the mistake

sassie;5056934

didnt realise you could get done for this, thought these desiganted … didnt realise you could get done for this, thought these desiganted parking areas where more of a consideration thing

Think it depends whether its a public road or not. Our local Tesco has over 20 disabled parking bays and only 3 for parents with young children. When I complained they told me there had been a mistake when they painted the car park lines and I should just park in the disabled bays....

Banned

gari189;5058043

Think it depends whether its a public road or not. Our local Tesco has … Think it depends whether its a public road or not. Our local Tesco has over 20 disabled parking bays and only 3 for parents with young children. When I complained they told me there had been a mistake when they painted the car park lines and I should just park in the disabled bays....

oh right on reading some of the above posts i realise it was obviously on the road, i thought it was like a car park to a centre or something, i assumed from the opening post it was like a car park as i have never seen child spaces on a road :oops:

Original Poster

Thanks for that! Lot of help!!!!!1

tessb;5054760

I am disabled and quite often can't use a disabled space because someone … I am disabled and quite often can't use a disabled space because someone else is parked there, wrongly or rightly.I don't consider disabled people victims, I think you have a problem with your attitude if you do, I certainly would never befriend anyone condescending enough to conisder me a victim to my illness.The OP knows she made a mistake, she said as much and explained why, I suggest you get off your high hore and read again, she wasn't being selfish at all but accidentally parked in the wrong bay as her view was obscured by the heavy rain. It's people like you that make ideal traffic wardens.

tessb;5054760

Blah Blah Blah,,,You should Know better then you being disabled,,,Shame on you then,,,All you are doing is enabling and justifying the OPs position,,,They are more interested is squirming out of the fine,,,Just shut-up moaning and squirming and pay the damn fine,,, They've done wrong now they should just learn from it,,,Its againt the law,,,End of,,,

wombat6025;5054876

Very well [email protected] - ever felt really really small? … Very well [email protected] - ever felt really really small? :whistling:@Markd - Sorry I can't help with ticket advice - I know how it stings to get a ticket when you thought you were parked correctly - best wishes. :thumbsup:

FAO Wombat,,,
No I most certainly don't,,,I've not broke the law DUMMY,,,The OP did,,,Funny that,,,:whistling:

boothy;5055663

plank

Oh dear,,,

It's not like you are getting points or anything, best just pay it and move on imo.

longbowassassin;5061622

FAO Wombat,,,No I most certainly don't,,,I've not broke the law … FAO Wombat,,,No I most certainly don't,,,I've not broke the law DUMMY,,,The OP did,,,Funny that,,,:whistling:

fyi ellipses are not composed of commas

http://www.tail-waggers.com/images/dogs/toys/chill_pill.jpg

dregan;5062050

fyi ellipses are not composed of commas

What time is it??? Schools out and its play time,,,For some at least,,,:whistling:

@longbowassassin... you may think you have a fair point, and maybe you do, but when you go about informing everyone in such an aggressive, arrogant and hostile way, you just look like a jerk. Try putting your point across without the high horse, you will get further in life.

FACT.

longbowassassin;5062131

What time is it??? Schools out and its play time,,,For some at … What time is it??? Schools out and its play time,,,For some at least,,,:whistling:

About 6.10pm
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien618
    2. Wireless headphones11
    3. Driving anxiety.2429
    4. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G916

See more discussions