Groups

Help with paying via paypal

Hiya

I have bought something off here and am wanting to pay via paypal, i am willing to pay the fees so im covered incase anything happens but i dont know how to do it !!!!

I have only ever used paypal for ebay

Please can someone advise how i do it

Many thanks Vikki

25 Comments

Banned

you aint covered if they empty their account

sassie;5654495

you aint covered if they empty their account

lol... you got it in for paypal today?

Banned

greg_68;5654504

lol... you got it in for paypal today?

not at all, they asked a question, i answered it, paypal dont guarentee anything unless done via ebay

who else thinks paypal charge too much?!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5654524

Just be sure of the seller if you have not done it before, follow the … Just be sure of the seller if you have not done it before, follow the guidelines, you are covered under buyer complaint on here. Which basically means if the seller empties there account and you have a problem, you will struggle to get your money back.............

well i quite trust the buyer, but was wanting to do the paypal thing just incase, they got lots of positive feedback, i just dont know how to get the money to them, when i tried it said there was no fees to be charged to me ??? i thought it would add charges like it does with ebay !!!

Banned

vikkiwathall;5654544

well i quite trust the buyer, but was wanting to do the paypal thing just … well i quite trust the buyer, but was wanting to do the paypal thing just incase, they got lots of positive feedback, i just dont know how to get the money to them, when i tried it said there was no fees to be charged to me ??? i thought it would add charges like it does with ebay !!!

they paid you via gift, there is no comebacks if sent via gift

i assume you meant seller, and you are the buyer, buyers dont pay fees

Original Poster

sassie;5654559

they paid you via gift, there is no comebacks if sent via gifti assume … they paid you via gift, there is no comebacks if sent via gifti assume you meant seller, and you are the buyer, buyers dont pay fees

yeah i meant seller !!!!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5654557

How are you trying to pay, what option are you selecting?

Well at first i selected gift, then other, then decided i would maybe try purchase of goods ??? i didnt really know what to select !!!!

Banned

vikkiwathall;5654574

Well at first i selected gift, then other, then decided i would maybe try … Well at first i selected gift, then other, then decided i would maybe try purchase of goods ??? i didnt really know what to select !!!!

if you pay via gift it means neither of you pay fees, but there is no comeback from either side, if you chose to pay any other way there can be a claim put in but unless there is money in the account you wont get anywhere, the seller will pay fees if they have an upgraded account, how have they asked you to pay, paypal gift no doubt

remember and get all the sellers details as well. If they aren't forthcoming then dont deal no matter how much feedback they have.

Original Poster

ants97;5654606

remember and get all the sellers details as well. If they aren't … remember and get all the sellers details as well. If they aren't forthcoming then dont deal no matter how much feedback they have.

Yeah thanks, they were great passed all info on to me as soon as we agreed a price !!!

Banned

discuss it with mbringo, he has over 200 feedback so i think you gonna be ok, but always follow the guidelines with who ever you deal with

Original Poster

sassie;5654593

if you pay via gift it means neither of you pay fees, but there is no … if you pay via gift it means neither of you pay fees, but there is no comeback from either side, if you chose to pay any other way there can be a claim put in but unless there is money in the account you wont get anywhere, the seller will pay fees if they have an upgraded account, how have they asked you to pay, paypal gift no doubt

they said paypal gift or normal paypal, and i would cover the fees, which i was more than happy to do if i got protection

Banned

vikkiwathall;5654629

they said paypal gift or normal paypal, and i would cover the fees, which … they said paypal gift or normal paypal, and i would cover the fees, which i was more than happy to do if i got protection

you get no more protection either way if he clears his account, you would need to know how much the fee will be to add it to your payment

Original Poster

sassie;5654622

discuss it with mbringo, he has over 200 feedback so i think you gonna be … discuss it with mbringo, he has over 200 feedback so i think you gonna be ok, but always follow the guidelines with who ever you deal with

thanks sassie, yeah spoke to him but he said he wasnt sure how i got it to add the fees !!!!!

Banned

i think the fees are something like 3.5% plus 20p or 30p

Original Poster

well i think im gonna just do the payment as normal and see what happens, im sure he will let me know if he gets the charges instead of me !!!

vikkiwathall;5654614

Yeah thanks, they were great passed all info on to me as soon as we … Yeah thanks, they were great passed all info on to me as soon as we agreed a price !!!

excellent you should be fine, From memory if you select the pay for good options there is an option when you go to confirm the payment if you want to pay the fees. Not 100% sure on that though.

Banned

vikkiwathall;5654694

well i think im gonna just do the payment as normal and see what happens, … well i think im gonna just do the payment as normal and see what happens, im sure he will let me know if he gets the charges instead of me !!!

he will get the charges, a buyer never pays fees, only the seller, he should be abole to tell you what the fees are going to be, hes sold 100's of things

Original Poster

ants97;5654701

excellent you should be fine, From memory if you select the pay for good … excellent you should be fine, From memory if you select the pay for good options there is an option when you go to confirm the payment if you want to pay the fees. Not 100% sure on that though.

Thanks hun X

Original Poster

sassie;5654703

he will get the charges, a buyer never pays fees, only the seller, he … he will get the charges, a buyer never pays fees, only the seller, he should be abole to tell you what the fees are going to be, hes sold 100's of things

Thanks sassie

sassie;5654622

discuss it with mbringo, he has over 200 feedback so i think you gonna be … discuss it with mbringo, he has over 200 feedback so i think you gonna be ok, but always follow the guidelines with who ever you deal with

Oh yeah :lol:

Vik - try - [url]www.ppcalc.com[/url] to calculate fee's then send reg payment for the total plus fee's

Send £62.32 and that fee's covered hun x

Original Poster

mbgringo;5654771

Oh yeah :lol:Vik - try - [url]www.ppcalc.com[/url] to calculate fee's … Oh yeah :lol:Vik - try - [url]www.ppcalc.com[/url] to calculate fee's then send reg payment for the total plus fee's :)Send £62.32 and that fee's covered hun x

Thanks, sorry for the delay, my pc closed down on its own ????

Original Poster

All done thanks everyone for your help, rep added

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5656280

Glad you got is done, sorry I did not relpy to your quotes, I was not … Glad you got is done, sorry I did not relpy to your quotes, I was not ignoring you, baby woke up :-D Ant's got there there is an option for you to pay fees or receipient.

Thanks Tinks, i just paid via the goods button and added the fees to it that was worked out, but i do trust the seller and am now looking forward to my new arrival !!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction2262
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal1211
      3. Leaking electric shower911
      4. O2 Priority concert tickets1324

See more discussions