Help with Paypal, changing surname when adding bank account

4 replies
Found 10th Jun 2009
Hi, I need to change the bank account linked to my account however the surname on the account isn't the same as it's OHs bank account.
When I go to enter the new bank details it allows me to change the first name only & obviously the req details. How can I change the surname on the account?
Thanks

3 Comments

I have exactally the same problem - when I added a new card they wouldn't accept it because the surname is different.... but I've got married so it would be!!! When I have spoken to PayPal no one has been able to help me.... if you find the answer to this PLEASE let me know.
As it is I have had to set up another PayPal account but I still have money within the old one that I cannot transfer to a card because they have expired and the new ones are in my new name.

Banned

You can't due to security reasons I think, only way to change surname on account is if you have changed name and can provide them with proof of this, I.E send them a copy of marriage certificate if it changed due to marriage, or deed poll certificate etc....

honest, why not send the money from your old pp account to your new one in the new name and withdraw it from there instead

honest, why not send the money from your old pp account to your new one in the new name and withdraw it from there instead

Oooh - I didn't think about that!!!! Silly me!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Travelling from London Stadium after an event11
    2. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold44
    3. School shoes - with lights66
    4. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…79

See more discussions