Help with PC Build

Posted 14th Oct
Hi All,

I've pretty much purchased all the parts for my PC build, however I had a couple questions which I'm a little stumped on.

- I've purchased a Ryzen 3600, and I'm going to pair it with a MSI B450 Pro Carbon Mobo... However I've read that I'm going to have to flash it to be able to run the 3rd Gen cpu's? Could anyone guide me on this process please and where to start?

- Of course I'm going to have to purchase a copy of windows 10.. Could anyone suggest the best place to go for this? I was just thinking eBay? Once I do buy it... Do I need to load it onto a USB and then plug it in when it asks?

- Is there any other pitfalls to be aware of when starting a pc build? I don't want to make any errors ha.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
You can download a copy of Windows as an iso or onto bootable usb stick, from Microsoft to install on computer. Once installed and running you can activate it from code that you have purchased from ebay.
Gav5714/10/2019 21:12

You can download a copy of Windows as an iso or onto bootable usb stick, …You can download a copy of Windows as an iso or onto bootable usb stick, from Microsoft to install on computer. Once installed and running you can activate it from code that you have purchased from ebay.

Thanks for that!
I've recently done a build and intended to use the same cpu and motherboard. I hadn't built a computer in like 10 years. I couldn't get the heatsink to fit with this motherboard. It could of been me but nothing I did would work. I ended up pairing the 3600 with a MSI MPG X570 and had no issues.
Most common mistake is to take the components out and place them straight ontop of the anti static bags thinking you are protecting them.

The anti static bags work under the principal of a faraday cage - i.e. they protect things inside by deflecting outside the bag.

To avoid static discharge you are after there being no potential difference between yourself the components or where you place them on (hence professionals use mats with wrist straps all connected to a common source.

Also note, a static discharge does not always mean immediate failure.

Here be a dell link discussing for consumers upgrading their pc's

Anyway boring part over - enjoy

Edited by: "Bertz99" 15th Oct
reddit.com/r/A…th/
Look for a board which supports BIOS Flashback (Update from specific USB port without needing CPU, GPU or RAM) if worried about BIOS for a 3000 series, or look for something that says it's 3000 ready on the box
If you're getting a MSI motherboard, get a MAX version. They come Ryzen 3000 ready. Such as Tomahawk MAX or Mortar MAX.
Yeah I would second getting a Tomahawk MAX as both boards will handle OC on any Ryzen 3 processors. Unless the Carbon has something on it that you really want.
I brought a copy of Windows off electronic first.. so far been working

I have tomahawk max , has everything need u need tbh. Only issue is boot time ain't the best but not a big deal. Enable xmp profile for for ram and use cool and quite option under overclocking.

Only tips, get most of build done out side the case first. Visualise how you want to you cables to be managed. My seasonic PSU cables were virtually impossible to bent
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants