Groups

help with pc drivers for ethernet card

i bought an old netgear fa311 rev b1 ethernet card but cant seem to find any drivers that will work with windows 7 64bit

anybody point me in the right direction

6 Comments

If it's that old then it probably won't be supported in windows 7

correction - Just checked microsoft hardware compatibility list and it should install itself ok for 32 bit and 64 bit

Your text here
    Edited by: "tallpete33" 28th Sep 2010

Original Poster

tallpete33

correction - Just checked microsoft hardware compatibility list and it … correction - Just checked microsoft hardware compatibility list and it should install itself ok for 32 bit and 64 bitYour text here

i found that too but mine doesnt install itself maybe i should of mentioned im currently using my motherboards ethernet port and im trying to install this as a secondary port would that make a difference

sunsetman

i found that too but mine doesnt install itself maybe i should of … i found that too but mine doesnt install itself maybe i should of mentioned im currently using my motherboards ethernet port and im trying to install this as a secondary port would that make a difference

Probably not, the Windows should do the old "found new hardware" routine and install it automatically. You need to look in control panel and see if it's there. If it's not, it may be faulty.

Original Poster

its showing up in hardware just wont let me install a driver
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …245802
      2. Your dream gaming set up?2554
      3. Denon AVRX 2400H @ Peter Tyson £399.9933
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33166

See more discussions