Help with pop up on LG TV

Posted 6th Jan
Friend of mine messaged me saying her TV doing this, it's popping up constantly. Pictures below of model of TV and pop up. 3383072-VFc7B.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
39608951-uMQEk.jpg
Goto settings... have a play around.

google manual, might help..
Has it been updated to the latest software? If it hasn’t then try updating it
My LG popped up asking me to do another channel scan, try doing that
I've passed on thread link, she also tells me TV decade old, hopefully it sorted out soon.
This is just the message for the recent channel assignment change. I think "5Star" are swapping to another channel number or something like that - I can't remember at the mo. It should pop up all the time WHENEVER a channel is added/swapped/removed etc. You may find it's just telling you it has automatically updated - in which case pressing "Ok" would remove it. I would suggest doing as ding says and do either a "channel scan" or a "channel update" etc. in the "Tuning" part of the settings menu to stop it popping up.

PRESS 'MENU' BUTTON - SELECT SETUP - SELECT AUTO TUNING - SELECT YES - PRESS 'OK' (let it do it's "thing")

Regards, Phsy.

*** UPDATE ***
It's 5Spike that's gone. Channel 31 - Say's it's now closed. Shame. I liked 5Spike
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 7th Jan
The popup is for auto add of a new channel.
The darker side of this, if it happens much more often than channels are actually being altered, it may mean the flash memory (or other form of channel storage) is beginning to fail, losing stored channels which it then finds again.

It may also be a screwup relating to auto adding, if the list has never been refreshed, so doing a full REPLACE channel scan might help.
Edited by: "matth9999" 9th Jan
matth999909/01/2020 20:47

The popup is for auto add of a new channel.The darker side of this, if it …The popup is for auto add of a new channel.The darker side of this, if it happens much more often than channels are actually being altered, it may mean the flash memory (or other form of channel storage) is beginning to fail, losing stored channels which it then finds again.It may also be a screwup relating to auto adding, if the list has never been refreshed, so doing a full REPLACE channel scan might help.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see my friend next week and will ask if it's sorted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions