Groups

Help with popups they are everywhere!!!!

anybody good with popups
    seriously 6 have popped up since typing this...make that 9
    it happened over the last 2 weeks...12 now
    i have a dell vostro 200
    running avg...13 pops now talk about unlucky !!!!!

29 Comments

Banned

you scanned your comp, sounds like you got a nasty

Original Poster

avg scans daily with nothing found
    misses installed a facebook app and ever since they are all over the place
    programme has since bin un-installed but they still everywhere

Download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. That should solve it.

Banned

what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've got a couple viruses and the occasional pop up (one of the viruses were from HUKD) that I can't seem to shake off with AVG either but if I install the Malware mentioned, will it cause probs with my laptop because I already have AVG?

Original Poster

tony_s1;5416623

Download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. That should solve it.

i am doing that now verdict in 10 mins:thumbsup:

or try spybot search & destroy

Original Poster

Malwarebytes has found 2 virus' so far

Original Poster

kelly1987;5416670

or try spybot search & destroy

is spybot free?

Original Poster

rep added to everyone who replied

Banned

realfriendlyman;5416659

I've got a couple viruses and the occasional pop up (one of the viruses … I've got a couple viruses and the occasional pop up (one of the viruses were from HUKD) that I can't seem to shake off with AVG either but if I install the Malware mentioned, will it cause probs with my laptop because I already have AVG?

no i have both on mine
    JBAUERBEATSJBOND;5416677

is spybot free?

yes

realfriendlyman;5416659

one of the viruses were from HUKD

I really doubt that... you probably clicked on a link to another website, the virus was not from HUKD itself.

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;5416677

is spybot free?

Yep

]http//ww…rg/

rwm24;5416697

I really doubt that... you probably clicked on a link to another website, … I really doubt that... you probably clicked on a link to another website, the virus was not from HUKD itself.

Nah, it was a link someone inserted into the site...other people mentioned on the thread not to check the link because it was a virus but I didn't read through all the comments.

sassie;5416689

no i have both on mine yes

I'm just downloading Spybot, as I used to have it before I had to reboot my laptop and completely forgot about it...should I also download the Malware one as well or is having 3 of them too much?

Joining this a little late...but AVG is cack from my experience please refer to

hotukdeals.com/for…705

where I have provided similar advice to another user about a good setup to have, mallwarebytes is top notch; spybot, also, and I personally would have AVAST over AVG reasons in the above. Also use CC cleaner to ensure you have crap cleaned and backed up registry oh and a good personal firewall, like kerio, or sunbelt...all downloadable free on filehippo.com

Spyware and a virus are NOT the same thing.

You can run your anti virus tool as many times as you like, but it probably wont find any spyware.

An anti virus tool will usually look for, and get rid of, viruses.

A spyware tool will look for, and get rid of, spyware and malware.

You should only run ONE anti virus product on your PC.

You CAN run more than one spyware product on your PC.

guilbert53;5416788

Spyware and a virus are NOT the same thing.You can run your anti virus … Spyware and a virus are NOT the same thing.You can run your anti virus tool as many times as you like, but it probably wont find any spyware. An anti virus tool will usually look for, and get rid of, viruses.A spyware tool will look for, and get rid of, spyware and malware.You should only run ONE anti virus product on your PC.You CAN run more than one spyware product on your PC.

Yes to all of that...but AVG has a built in anit-spyware/mallware which is abviously terrible; I am merely suggesting a good setup for a clean and safe PC ion my post not diagnosing the problem

Original Poster

wow you guys are amazing rep added to each of u
    52 mins into malwarebyte scan now still 2 found i will keep u updated cant be too much longer

Original Poster

still running malwarebytes 3hours 15 mins later

bfjem;5416804

Yes to all of that...but AVG has a built in anit-spyware/mallware which … Yes to all of that...but AVG has a built in anit-spyware/mallware which is abviously terrible; I am merely suggesting a good setup for a clean and safe PC ion my post not diagnosing the problem

I was not having a go at you (if that what it seemed).

I was merely point out to the poster (and anyone else that reads this post) that saying you have popups (which are probably spyware) and then expecting an anti virus product to find the spyware is not likely.

Many people think they have a virus when they in fact have spyware.

Original Poster

Spybot And Malware Didn't Do Anything Still Getting Mad Popups

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;5420037

Spybot And Malware Didn't Do Anything Still Getting Mad Popups

Sounds like a deeply enbedded problem; I would suggest an avast boot scan but I dont think it will help as this seems like a spyware problem rather then a virus; but worth a try; have you tried a system restore to before they started popping up?

Then ditch AVG ASAP and install Avast, I used both on all my PC's

AVG Picks up nothing in my Rapidshare downloads, Avast catches everything ;-)

maxmix

just to check did you update spybot before you run a scan? similar with malware bytes...I would defo get a good firewall btw then at least you know nothing bad will be attaking your pc while you try sort this out
    I use sunbelt personal firewall; works a charm

Original Poster

bfjem;5421739

Sounds like a deeply enbedded problem; I would suggest an avast boot scan … Sounds like a deeply enbedded problem; I would suggest an avast boot scan but I dont think it will help as this seems like a spyware problem rather then a virus; but worth a try; have you tried a system restore to before they started popping up?

is that the msconfig thing?

Answer = Don't use windows :thumbsup:

iCodd;5427997

Answer = Don't use windows :thumbsup:

well thats helpful!

not sure about msconfig; but if you run a boot scan with avast it tends to find and remove things before windows starts up see the other thread I directed you to

bfjem;5428080

well thats helpful!not sure about msconfig; but if you run a boot scan … well thats helpful!not sure about msconfig; but if you run a boot scan with avast it tends to find and remove things before windows starts up see the other thread I directed you to

Sorry, but thought i'd introduce a long term solution, hehe.

But as said before I find avast more useful than most, also I run Adaware from Lavasoft to detect the things that Avast doesn't. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Box Nation45
      2. connect tablet11
      3. Laptop 1060 gtx ?11
      4. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?11

See more discussions