Found 3rd Nov 2016
Hey guys got the PS4 slim today and been playing battlefield 1 and noticed that when I'm turning or aiming to shoot it feels slow what could this be caused by?

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. PS4
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. PS4
21 Comments

don't have to the game but almost every shooter I've had there are options in the game settings for turn speed.normally under game or display settings

Turn sensitivity up on controls

Original Poster

discozohan

don't have to the game but almost every shooter I've had there are … don't have to the game but almost every shooter I've had there are options in the game settings for turn speed.normally under game or display settings

I'm not meaning sensitivity just generally feels show like when I goto aim in and fire it goes all slow and funny if you know what a mean

Satdude

I'm not meaning sensitivity just generally feels show like when I goto … I'm not meaning sensitivity just generally feels show like when I goto aim in and fire it goes all slow and funny if you know what a mean

​I know what you mean now. I've got an Xbox so might not be same, but if I had a similar problem I'd power down the machine and do a proper reboot. make sure the console and game has all the latest updates. if that failed I'd uninstall the game and start over.

make sure you tv is set to game mode, sounds like input lag is causing the issue

Original Poster

Shaftymorgan

make sure you tv is set to game mode, sounds like input lag is causing … make sure you tv is set to game mode, sounds like input lag is causing the issue

So how would you fix that mate?

Check your television user manual to see if there is an option for game mode, this as shaftymorgan has stated should reduce lag. You have not stated if you have been playing Battefield 1 in campaign mode or multiplayer. If multiplayer the lag could be down to your internet connection. If in campaign then most certainly your television setting.

Satdude

So how would you fix that mate?

​sorry satdude fell asleep, what tv is it? it can usually be found on the tv settings then picture and something like modes, may have a choice between sport or game

Original Poster

Shaftymorgan

​sorry satdude fell asleep, what tv is it? it can usually be found on the … ​sorry satdude fell asleep, what tv is it? it can usually be found on the tv settings then picture and something like modes, may have a choice between sport or game

I see standard , movie , dynamic , ecohome but no game or sport

that sounds like your choosing what display is,
what model is your tv? on the settings look for something like special or advanced

Satdude

I see standard , movie , dynamic , ecohome but no game or sport

​If you post a video on YouTube, post a link here, maybe somebody else had the same problem and could help you out, at the moment it looks like sensitivity isn't high enough or the TV isn't suitable for full HD.

I always notice a lag too on my PS4. You move the thumbstick and it has never been totally instant for me, nothing like my PC.

Original Poster

Pacman786

​If you post a video on YouTube, post a link here, maybe somebody else h … ​If you post a video on YouTube, post a link here, maybe somebody else had the same problem and could help you out, at the moment it looks like sensitivity isn't high enough or the TV isn't suitable for full HD.

It's 65 inch 4K tv so should be able to do Hd np

satdude help me to help you ha ha, what is the make and model and I'll check to see where the setting is for game mode

I've also noticed a lag, it feels like the guns are heavy weights and cannot be freely moved while aiming. It's probably a realistic aspect of the game, not ideal though.

Lag will be more noticeable on a larger screen will it not? what brand and model is it?

Original Poster

Make and model is

Goodmans

G65238T2SMART-4K

Found the user option but no game mode

Satdude

Make and model isGoodmansG65238T2SMART-4KFound the user option but no … Make and model isGoodmansG65238T2SMART-4KFound the user option but no game mode

​Turn off any motion care or eye care settings. Best to use raw settings like less sharpness, less backlight, no dynamic contrasts or dynamic blacks, no mpeg settings should be full, maybe just on standard or off. Hope it helps.

hi satdude, I have managed to look at a manual and sadly there is no sports or game modes on this, the only settings you can change is picture mode, contrast, brightness, colour sharpness colour temp and sharpness

It's a Goodmans, awful gaming tvs....if you have noticed it's got worse replace the home cable, up your sensitivity in game and learn to use it failing that your struggling as your input latency m/s is around 120m/s

Original Poster

anyone know what i can do
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57586
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions