Found 7th Aug 2009
Just found my sons phat PSP at the back of the wardrobe and its in full working order. We had the screen replaced a while ago and since then dust particles have come lodged behind the screen.....is there an easy way of removing the screen to give it a damned good clean.?
Is it worth much, dont know if Im gonna sell or maybe play it myself.

Got to pop out but will be back later.....hopefully someone will have some answers for me xx

12 Comments

Customz firMWar3

Original Poster

adrian96;5957505

Customz firMWar3

:? what does that mean?

bitseylango;5957551

I dont want to customise it I want to know how to take the screen off to … I dont want to customise it I want to know how to take the screen off to clean behind it

It can be done bits, but not sure if you need a special screwdriver like you do with the DS Lites.

Original Poster

Im more confused now than i was before!

Original Poster

midlandscomics;5957572

It can be done bits, but not sure if you need a special screwdriver like … It can be done bits, but not sure if you need a special screwdriver like you do with the DS Lites.

i was gonna nip and get electrical scewdrivers....would they not work? If not where do I get a special one from?

This is how to get in to replace the screen, so by removing the front part of the case you should be able to clean it

consolezombie.com/PSP…tml

Looks like it's a normal Philips screwdriver needed :thumbsup:

Custom firmware can let you play games 4 free

adrian96;5957642

Custom firmware can let you play games 4 free

But it doesn't clean the dust of the screen for you :roll:

U tried????

adrian96;5957722

U tried????

:thinking:

midlandscomics;5957572

It can be done bits, but not sure if you need a special screwdriver like … It can be done bits, but not sure if you need a special screwdriver like you do with the DS Lites.

It's just a normal philips screwdriver.

There are 7 screws to remove. Four in the battery compartment, and three externally.
Remember exactly where you took the screws from, as there are four different types.

Then prise the cover off. The only things that might fall away/out, are the clear shoulder buttons, but they are easy to put back in place.

Give the inside of the cover a clean, and also the front of the screen.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help, I used the link from MC (reppedya xx) and it pretty much told me what you have put sainty all clean and dust free now, looks like new
trying to get it connected to the internet now.....bloody hopeless :-(
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled. (Statement from TT Games)1718
    2. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git24
    3. BrightHouse to pay £14.8 MILLION in compensation to 249,000 customers11
    4. word association Game74244940

See more discussions