Groups

Help with Radio needed

My dad's radio has recently died on him and he wants a new one for Xmas. Seems straight forward so far but...he needs one with a Long Wave transmitter on it because he's from Ireland and likes to listen to irish radio at night. He also wants one with a headphone jack on it so he can plug his headphones in without waking my mum!

I've had a look but all the ones out at the mo are DAB and say they only have a FM transmitter.

Can anybody help locate a decent radio with LW on?

Rep will be added

5 Comments

Roberts classic range are cool. I bought one for the wife in pink 10 years ago and it's still going strong and looks good. Not cheap though.

homevisionuk.com/aca…tml

Original Poster

Starr;7127102

http://www.electrosaver.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=DAB/%20Radio&Product=Audio/%20Hi-Fi&productid=XDRS1Google dab lw radio loads there mate :thumbsup:

That one seems a bit pricey for a bedside radio:w00t:

thanks, I've been looking through argos n amazon etc with little luck

roryk83;7127136

That one seems a bit pricey for a bedside radio:w00t:thanks, I've been … That one seems a bit pricey for a bedside radio:w00t:thanks, I've been looking through argos n amazon etc with little luck

lol sorry was first one i found.

sorry to be pedantic but its a LW receiver you require, asking for a transmitter will get you some harsh quotes
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions