Groups

Help with replacing old radiator please.

Hello,

I'm currently redecorating my sons room and would like to change his old radiator. His current one is 835mm width and 535mm height. I can't seem to find any that size so was wondering if I could buy a 800mm x 600mm and add something to fill gap? Cheers

6 Comments

If his radiator is really old it won't be that efficient so it's possible that a newer radiator won't need to be the same size.

Measure the room and look online and it will give you the heat requirements and then find a radiator to meet those needs.

I'd estimate you'll need a small amount of plumbing

The height doesn't really matter - if the width is narrower you will likely need to extend the pipework to make up the shortfall.

Buy rad extension. They Start at 10mm. 99p at toolstation then you can get other types and lengths. Not a problem as you can leave pipe work as is

As Wayne has said you buy radiator valve extensions just done it on a few radiators for my mother in law. They are available all over screwfix , tool station etc

Original Poster

hutchir9

As Wayne has said you buy radiator valve extensions just done it on a few … As Wayne has said you buy radiator valve extensions just done it on a few radiators for my mother in law. They are available all over screwfix , tool station etc

It's a old single radiator so not sure to get a double one or just stick with single. It's only a small bedroom but want the best efficiency. Thanks for the help people

millward84

It's a old single radiator so not sure to get a double one or just stick … It's a old single radiator so not sure to get a double one or just stick with single. It's only a small bedroom but want the best efficiency. Thanks for the help people

That's why you need to measure the room as per post one to see what BTU's you will need for the new rad.

This tells you how it's very easy.

diy.com/hel…art
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree12
      2. flamedeer11
      3. Why do people scam on Gumtree?33
      4. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?11

See more discussions