Help with restoring the registry (windows vista home premium)

5 replies
Found 10th Feb 2010
Hi,
Can anyone help please ?
Last Thursday or Friday I noticed that my adobe reader software had disappeared .
I tried to install the latest version 9.3 but it would not install.
I then succesfully installed version 8.2.
Since then laptop has been running slow , I have a program called System mechanic
7.5 and after running it , it informs me sysem has no errors.
I have tried a number of times running system restore to an earlier time but on restart it tells me nothing changed due to an unforeseen error.
Built into system mechanic is a registry restore tool which could allow me to restore registry to November 2009. Is there any possible problems I may face restoring the registry?

Thanks

5 Comments

Hi
Rather than restoring your registry to an earlier point in time I would use a program like ccleaner ([url]www.ccleaner.com[/url]) and see if that solves your problem. If you were to restore your registry to November 2009 you may lose valuable programs and settings since then or it might make things worse.
In any case, always take a backup of your registry first. I think ccleaner gives you this option as well.

if you restore your registry to an earlier time, entries for anything installed after that will be deleted, rendering those programs useless. You would have to reinstall those programs.

Banned

system restore till before it originally dissapeared

Banned

casparwhite;7800817

system restore till before it originally dissapeared

try reading the OP!

Anyway, install comodo system cleaner (free)

Original Poster

Thanks to all.

I've got ccleaner installed, so I'll give it a go before I do anything else
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!68
    2. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.1023
    3. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…22
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769580

See more discussions