Groups

Help with rings

How the hell do you get ring curtains on the pole once the pole has been fixed to the wall. I don't get how they would go on.

Do I need to put the curtain on the pole before I fasten it to the wall??

I can't work it out

17 Comments

you put them on the pole before you tighten the screws.

Banned

You need to put the ring's on the pole before putting pole up, or get a man to come and do it for you LoL

do it 1 side at a time take end off slide it out bracket put on curtain put back in holder put end backon and repeat for other side

Banned

i am so sorry fire, but you have just made me so titter

Put the rings on the pole first before you fix to the brackets but remember to place at least one ring on each end on the other side of the bracket to stop the curtain from sliding accross when you draw the curtains

lottysdad08;7123160

You need to put the ring's on the pole before putting pole up, or get a … You need to put the ring's on the pole before putting pole up, or get a man to come and do it for you LoL

That'll be me then :whistling:

Original Poster

makershaker;7123159

you put them on the pole before you tighten the screws.

Yeah but they will slide off the other end :thinking:

lottysdad08;7123160

You need to put the ring's on the pole before putting pole up, or get a … You need to put the ring's on the pole before putting pole up, or get a man to come and do it for you LoL

Noooo ring top curtains http://www.homebase.co.uk/wcsstore/homebase/images/0932350AE63UC138784M.jpg

I can do it, don't need a man, just need to know how to do it lol

jamstaruk1972;7123174

do it 1 side at a time take end off slide it out bracket put on curtain … do it 1 side at a time take end off slide it out bracket put on curtain put back in holder put end backon and repeat for other side

But there is the big knob thing at the end of the curtain rail

sassie;7123186

i am so sorry fire, but you have just made me so titter

It's been bothering me all day, I know its obvious but how???? I only have two hands the windows are massive

mikebike;7123200

Put the rings on the pole first before you fix to the brackets but … Put the rings on the pole first before you fix to the brackets but remember to place at least one ring on each end on the other side of the bracket to stop the curtain from sliding accross when you draw the curtains

But the rings are attached to the curtain :?

I think most of us thought that you had the seperate rings and not attached to the curtains!

Put the curtain on the pole then fit the whole lot to the brackets :santa:

Banned

hun you will have to put the curatins on then put the bar up, remember to leave off one ring each side, to p the ut on after the ball, has it got a middle pice to attatch to wall, or just each end

Original Poster

mikebike;7123397

I think most of us thought that you had the seperate rings and not … I think most of us thought that you had the seperate rings and not attached to the curtains!Put the curtain on the pole then fit the whole lot to the brackets :santa:

But how??? When I pick up the pole they will fall off the ends? :thinking:

I really want these curtains but not sure I can do it without taking hours of picking the curtains up off the fall every time I climb the ladders :?

Original Poster

sassie;7123424

hun you will have to put the curatins on then put the bar up, remember to … hun you will have to put the curatins on then put the bar up, remember to leave off one ring each side, to p the ut on after the ball, has it got a middle pice to attatch to wall, or just each end

I dunno not bought the curtains or the poles yet as I can't work it out lol. It's like a fabric rubix cube to me and I won't ask in the shop for fear of looking stupid. Used to doing it on here :roll:

starsparkle2311;7123454

I wish you would change that avvy, it's really not cool to steal someone … I wish you would change that avvy, it's really not cool to steal someone elses artwork, especially a Benny Hill impressionist, it's so last century, seriously:whistling:

Ohh I just presumed that was stevenwhatshisfacenumbers, I wondered why it said lottysdad when you quoted

Banned

if it has a middle piece then you you place one ring in and then (leaving the 1st ring outside of the wall attathment bit)start threading pole in and add rest of rings and then thread pole through middle attatchment, now add other curtain rings leaving the last one off till you have threaded pole through end attatchent, if its a massive window i would be worried about the weight if it didnt have a middle attatchment, and i bet none of that makes sense

there really isnt any other way to do it, think about it hun- lol

Banned

starsparkle2311;7123655

It didn't!!!:p

it did as i was typing it, sorry fire :oops:

lottysdad08;7123160

aaaaahhhh U still have same avatar as Steven !!! its sooooo confusing! who was first !!!!

OP this has been a really funny thread lol - hope u get it sorted - AND WITHOUT THE HELP OF A MAN lol

Original Poster

sassie;7123638

if it has a middle piece then you you place one ring in and then (leaving … if it has a middle piece then you you place one ring in and then (leaving the 1st ring outside of the wall attathment bit)start threading pole in and add rest of rings and then thread pole through middle attatchment, now add other curtain rings leaving the last one off till you have threaded pole through end attatchent, if its a massive window i would be worried about the weight if it didnt have a middle attatchment, and i bet none of that makes sensethere really isnt any other way to do it, think about it hun- lol

sassie;7123663

it did as i was typing it, sorry fire :oops:

That does make sense, just not sure my arms are long enough :lol: I won't let it beat me though

hence the reason for the thread, I thought there was an easier way I was missing it

bossyboots;7123665

aaaaahhhh U still have same avatar as Steven !!! its sooooo confusing! … aaaaahhhh U still have same avatar as Steven !!! its sooooo confusing! who was first !!!!OP this has been a really funny thread lol - hope u get it sorted - AND WITHOUT THE HELP OF A MAN lol

Ohhh I will do it, blood, sweat or tears I will manage one my own, I can plaster, service my car, fix plumbing problems so curtains shouldn't be hard but this has had me baffled

starsparkle2311;7123678

It was flippin Andy and it's really annoying, there's only room for one … It was flippin Andy and it's really annoying, there's only room for one Benny Hill on this forum!!!

Who the fudge is Andy :? we have had steven, lottysdad and now Andy :thinking:

Original Poster

renown;7123258

That'll be me then :whistling:

Ooooohhh just seen this, I am far too independant to NEED a man in that way but thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

fireheaven;7124413

Ooooohhh just seen this, I am far too independant to NEED a man in that … Ooooohhh just seen this, I am far too independant to NEED a man in that way but thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

And I thought you just did'nt care :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Large card print/poster..22
      2. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.68
      3. Jury service1823
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?616

See more discussions